Why R5 Mechanical shutter shock so serious? Amost makes it useless.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
He already did return it. But I have to be honest and say I have never heard of Canon saying "yes its faulty", but even if they did, and they replace a lot of stuff every year because it is a lot cheaper than testing every unit made, that doesn't address the actual images posted that clearly show ambient drag/subject motion.

Upvote 0
He already did return it. But I have to be honest and say I have never heard of Canon saying "yes its faulty", but even if they did, and they replace a lot of stuff every year because it is a lot cheaper than testing every unit made, that doesn't address the actual images posted that clearly show ambient drag/subject motion.
I took near 200 photos by 3 lense all EFCS were ok but Mechanical blur, the camera was funny , IS working with 85 and not with 100 and 570-200, also when I was on Manual mode every time I was pressing shutter button half way ISO was increasing automatically

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
The R5 pictures can look less sharp than other R5 pictures because of more pixels? I don’t follow.
I think @EricN means at 100% the 45mp R5 is going to be a much greater enlargement than the 22 mp 5DIII, and therefore as with any greater enlargement it’s going to appear softer. My original 12mp 5D was oh-so-sharp ! I really miss it so sometimes I take a trip down memory lane and reduce my 5DS files down to 12mp. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
I think @EricN means at 100% the 45mp R5 is going to be a much greater enlargement than the 22 mp 5DIII, and therefore as with any greater enlargement it’s going to appear softer. My original 12mp 5D was oh-so-sharp ! I really miss it so sometimes I take a trip down memory lane and reduce my 5DS files down to 12mp. :)
That's what I meant. Thanks Sporgon

Upvote 0