Winter

bhf3737

---
CR Pro
Sep 9, 2015
666
1,482
Calgary, Canada
www.flickr.com
Snowfall on Christmas Eve.
Canon EOS 5DS R, EF35mm f/2 IS USM, f/8.0, 1/160, ISO 100
 

Attachments

  • 20161224 012c.jpg
    20161224 012c.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 149

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
8,265
1,938
Canada
There is a nearby set of rapids that stays open most of the winter, and people started feeding the few ducks that remained.... as a result, the number of wintering ducks has increased year by year until we have this.....
 

Attachments

  • ducks02.jpg
    ducks02.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 176

AvTvM

EOS R6
Nov 4, 2011
3,165
0
luckily, nature will soon enough regulate the problem caused by stupid "animal lovers"... :)
 

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
8,265
1,938
Canada
AvTvM said:
luckily, nature will soon enough regulate the problem caused by stupid "animal lovers"... :)
At home, get within 100 meters of a duck and it flies away.... at this spot, they come up to you and beg for food..... But I must admit that it is impressive when a thousand ducks start marching up to you and surrounding you.....
 

Attachments

  • ducks01-2.jpg
    ducks01-2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 182

Valvebounce

EOS R5
CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
4,552
443
54
Isle of Wight
Hi AvTvM. Don.
I think it has started already, the drake above the Ph in the watermark seems to be fading away already, or maybe he has been time traveling and messed with his past! ;D

Cheers, Graham.

AvTvM said:
luckily, nature will soon enough regulate the problem caused by stupid "animal lovers"... :)
 

Valvebounce

EOS R5
CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
4,552
443
54
Isle of Wight
Hi Don.
A couple of nice shots, we went to a local bird reserve, they provided bird food for some of the birds (many enclosures had a don't feed me sign) and every duck for miles knew this, if you had a bag they would follow you, it was like the being the Pied Piper! ;D In fact if you rustled a paper bag of any kind ducks would appear just to check! ::)

Cheers, Graham.
 

DominoDude

EOS R
Feb 7, 2013
959
1
::1
Valvebounce said:
Hi Don.
A couple of nice shots, we went to a local bird reserve, they provided bird food for some of the birds (many enclosures had a don't feed me sign) and every duck for miles knew this, if you had a bag they would follow you, it was like the being the Pied Piper! ;D In fact if you rustled a paper bag of any kind ducks would appear just to check! ::)

Cheers, Graham.
That's how I got bit by a mallard. I had just fiddled around with a small bag of chewing gums, and the sound interested the ducks. When they got close I kneeled and rubbed my fingers against each other in the mallard's direction... Since I didn't have anything to offer he stretched his neck out and bit me.
Lesson learned: If you don't have food of some sort, don't get near the ducks!
 

TimoV

I'm New Here
Nov 3, 2016
24
0
Some winter photos from Inkoo, Finland
 

Attachments

  • 2017_01_06_02127_web.jpg
    2017_01_06_02127_web.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 2017_01_06_02149_web.jpg
    2017_01_06_02149_web.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 151
  • 2017_01_06_02184_web.jpg
    2017_01_06_02184_web.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 163

old-pr-pix

EOS RP
Dec 26, 2011
436
71
Valvebounce said:
Hi AvTvM. Don.
I think it has started already, the drake above the Ph in the watermark seems to be fading away already, or maybe he has been time traveling and messed with his past! ;D

Cheers, Graham.

I'm not worried about the ducks... what about the person feeding the ducks? They seem to have lost their identity. "Witness Protection" perhaps, or just interesting PS work.