Wireless file transmitter for the Canon EOS R5 appears for certification

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
I will never understand why people on forums often take a statement of personal preference as a statement of universal truth. herein2020 has explained at length and quite plausibly why he/she does not want adapters in his/her personal workflow, here for instance. Still, you keep insisting that adapters have no drawbacks whatsoever, you simply ignore all of the plausible arguments. It might well be that an adapter is perfectly fine for many people, and this hasn't been doubted in any way, but for herein2020 it is not. Why is that such a problem for you? Concerning your last post: I think there is enough evidence that one can "read somewhere" that e.g. the RF 85mm f/1.2L is optically superior to the EF 85mm f/1.2L II, and the same goes for the RF 50 mm f/1.2L vs. the EF 50 mm f/1.2L. You don't need your own optical bench to come to that conclusion, just read some of the dozens of reviews out there.
Yes but RF35 1.8 is not better than EF35 1.4LII with adapter. I am comparing apples to oranges but so do you due to different decades where the products (50mm and 85mm) were made.

The RF15-35 vs EF16-35III would be more apples to apples comparison and they would come close to each other. They even have the same vignetting issues.

Having said that, personally I would like to avoid adapters for the hassle of keeping them, searching for them, having to use and remove them etc. Some new expensive lenses have also the IS advantage (24-70 and 15-35) and that's why I got them.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Having said that, personally I would like to avoid adapters for the hassle of keeping them, searching for them, having to use and remove them etc. Some new expensive lenses have also the IS advantage (24-70 and 15-35) and that's why I got them.
Your last sentence gives exactly the same reasons for not using an adapter that herein2020 has stated and which I am defending in my post. Nobody said the RF 35 f/1.8 would be better than the EF 35 f/1.4L II. Nobody said that recent EF lenses with adapter would optically not be just as good as their RF counterparts. This whole adapter-discussion revolves around the fact that somebody (herein2020) stated that he/she doesn't use adapters. For exactly those reasons you are also giving in your post (losing them, searching for them, additional handling, etc.). One of the reasons was that in the RF ecosystem there are some new lenses that are optically superior to older EF lenses. Nobody said that this has anything to do with the adapter itself, but in RF without adapter world there are some unique and shiny lenses that are better than their comparable EF counterparts. Partly simply because they are newer, partly because they (possibly) make use of the faster communication protocols, etc.

Upvote 0