Your best images of 2015?

Three ceps These three King boletes found under beech. They look and taste like boletus edulis. Found while night walking the dog, I've spent many years of days searching for these. In typical boletivore fashion no description, book hunter, or collector mentions their nocturnal appearances, that is how they suddenly appear at night and disappear during the day. Taken with the camera at hand an iPhone.

Attachments

• boletus edulis three.jpg
    boletus edulis three.jpg
    987.6 KB · Views: 255
Upvote 0
P

Pookie

chauncey said:
this image has made over $10k in prints since I took it in August of last year and still brings in sales.
Must be difficult dealing with the surgery on that Shoulder Rotator Cuff difficulty caused by the incessant patting on your back.
No where near as painful as the hernia from all that jealousy you're carrying around.

Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2015
It´s hard to pick a "best" picture, but this is one of few images I printed in 2015, in a 80x120cm large print, on an aluminium plate.

What you see is a hole after a mountain grouse. They dig themselves such holes to sleep in during the night. This one spent the night in the hole, woke up and walked into the beautiful horizon.

I came over this one when I was mountain skiing with my wife, in december 2015. This was at the time we only have daylight for a few ours. It was quite high up in the mountains, and far from civilization.

2015 was a horrible year for the grouse population in Norway, so it adds a little bit to the story, that this one was alone.

I chose to print this one, because it is simple and quiet, the leading line, the colors and the story it tells.

Taken with the 5Ds, and 16-35 f/4L IS at 16 mm, ISO 100, f/6.3 and 1/250 sec.

Attachments

• 3P2A3152-2.jpg
    3P2A3152-2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,007
Upvote 0
When I look at the production the last year, only one thing is for certain. It requires a lot more disk space than the year before ...

When it comes to selecting best image, I find it difficult to choose. Not because I make such a vast number of excellent images, but because I tend to favour others than the objective eye would.

The main event of the year was 10 days in Mana Pools, north in Zimbabwe, close to the Zambezi river. This image is of the unpretentious water buck, in the fantastic forest, with the magical light. A picture I sold a few copies of (every penny given to preservation programs for endangered animals (cats)). A walking safari in these surroundings is indescribable.

Attachments

• _23A4752-2.jpg
    _23A4752-2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 280
Upvote 0
Not sure if this is my best image of 2015 or not, but it is one of my favorite. I did not get to shoot as much as I do normally because 2015 was a crazy year for the day job and I had a significant increase in people paying me to digitize their artwork, so my photog kinda took a back seat. It was great to get paid for the photog work though. ;)
This image was shot with:
Canon 5DS (Really like this camera for studio work and sitting on a tripod for landscape)
Zeiss 21MM (At F14)
5 Second Exposure
ISO 100
Lee 3 Stop Hard Grad Filter

Attachments

• La-Jolla-Sunset-Web-11.08.2015-Marshall-Vanderhoof.jpg
    La-Jolla-Sunset-Web-11.08.2015-Marshall-Vanderhoof.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 281
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Pookie said:
I wouldn't say this my best or even a favorite but this image has made over $10k in prints since I took it in August of last year and still brings in sales. I'm not even into landscapes that much but occasionally I dabble. Bought me a Pentax 645Z with the proceeds...

Santa Cruz Boardwalk - Santa Cruz, Ca.
5D3 + 16-35 f/4

Very nice Pookie! Great news on the sales too. Good for you! :)

Upvote 0
Larsskv said:
It´s hard to pick a "best" picture, but this is one of few images I printed in 2015, in a 80x120cm large print, on an aluminium plate.

What you see is a hole after a mountain grouse. They dig themselves such holes to sleep in during the night. This one spent the night in the hole, woke up and walked into the beautiful horizon.

I came over this one when I was mountain skiing with my wife, in december 2015. This was at the time we only have daylight for a few ours. It was quite high up in the mountains, and far from civilization.

2015 was a horrible year for the grouse population in Norway, so it adds a little bit to the story, that this one was alone.

I chose to print this one, because it is simple and quiet, the leading line, the colors and the story it tells.

Taken with the 5Ds, and 16-35 f/4L IS at 16 mm, ISO 100, f/6.3 and 1/250 sec.

Beautiful picture. Especially considering your story. Makes you practically imagine this poor lone grouse wandering in the wast snowy dessert.

Upvote 0
Very impressive work by everyone! I especially like the colors in Pookie's shot and the amazing light and surroundings in Eldar's shot. 2015 was a pretty poor year in terms of productivity for me, but I got some decent sales from these shots (not enough to buy a new Pentax MF, though :)

St_Marks_NWR_16244_ID-X2.jpg

St. Marks Lighthouse, Florida

200%20Degrees%20of%20Jacksonville-X2.jpg

Jacksonville, Florida

Upvote 0
P

Pookie

CanonFanBoy said:
Pookie said:
I wouldn't say this my best or even a favorite but this image has made over $10k in prints since I took it in August of last year and still brings in sales. I'm not even into landscapes that much but occasionally I dabble. Bought me a Pentax 645Z with the proceeds...

Santa Cruz Boardwalk - Santa Cruz, Ca.
5D3 + 16-35 f/4

Very nice Pookie! Great news on the sales too. Good for you! :)

Thanks CanonFanBoy... not really a ton of sales about 12 so far but printed large and framed. Hopefully more this year once the El Nino gives us a break.

mackguyver said:
Very impressive work by everyone! I especially like the colors in Pookie's shot and the amazing light and surroundings in Eldar's shot. 2015 was a pretty poor year in terms of productivity for me, but I got some decent sales from these shots (not enough to buy a new Pentax MF, though :)

St_Marks_NWR_16244_ID-X2.jpg

St. Marks Lighthouse, Florida

200%20Degrees%20of%20Jacksonville-X2.jpg

Jacksonville, Florida

Yumm, That Jacksonville shot makes me drool :) Well, that's the only way my wife puts up with another camera unfortunately.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this is my best of 2015... but probably.

It won a scientific images contest this year.
(For those interested, the colorful twirls in the bottles are in fact billions of gold-silver alloy nanoparticles that reflect specific colours of a white light that was placed below each bottle for illumination.)

This is a composite shot (each bottle were taken individually with a 7D Mk1 and a 100mm non-L macro lens).

DRioux_NPBottles.jpg

Upvote 0
P

Pookie

Eldar said:
When I look at the production the last year, only one thing is for certain. It requires a lot more disk space than the year before ...

When it comes to selecting best image, I find it difficult to choose. Not because I make such a vast number of excellent images, but because I tend to favour others than the objective eye would.

The main event of the year was 10 days in Mana Pools, north in Zimbabwe, close to the Zambezi river. This image is of the unpretentious water buck, in the fantastic forest, with the magical light. A picture I sold a few copies of (every penny given to preservation programs for endangered animals (cats)). A walking safari in these surroundings is indescribable.

Stunning image...

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
dpc said:
Sporgon said:
It's really hard to look back over the year and say which is your best image ! Anyway here is the one of the ones that I personally like the most - a shot of the mussel fishermen working on the Norfolk coast. There had been some bad press recently about the amount these guys are taking out, and I nearly got lynched when doing these shots !

I guess one of the reasons that I like this one is that is really is un-manipulated. Due to an almighty cock up I had this particular camera set on small jpeg only. Fortunately most of the jpeg settings were ideal for the scene, the compression was not, and it's a four frame stitched pano, so I got away with it.

Very nice! I love the colour. :)

Thanks dpc. Since taking this I came across other photographer's work in the same area but at different times of the year and they have exactly the same light. I guess it happens in that area quite frequently though in this case it only lasted a few minutes.

Upvote 0