I needÃ‚Â a backpack
I am having a horrible time trying to find a hiking/trekking backpack for my camera stuff. I'm heading to Peru in 10 days and still have no solution. The pack obviously has to suit carry-on regulations.
So I need your help people.
Backpacks I've dismissed
1) Anything made by Lowepro
– I find their bags horrendously uncomfortable. They don't sit right on my shoulders. Their tripod holder is still pretty useless. Their bags are also heavy. I've seen a lot of failed zippers after mere months of use. They just aren't what they used to be.
2) ThinkTank Streetwalker Pro
– Fantastically light backpack, fits everything I need it to. Great build quality and functional design, it's just not built for someone 6'4. It sits far too low on my shoulders and I'd be in pain within an hour. If it was 2″ longer, I'd own it.
3) Crumpler Karachi Outpost
– This pack was fantastically comfortable for me. It has the best tripod holder I've ever come across for a backpack. The turtle shell design inside is its downfall, just very bad use of space inside the bag. It does appear very well made.
What's coming with me
1D Mark III (RRS L Plate)
5D Mark II (no grip, RRS L Plate)
70-200 f/2.8L IS
It would be nice if the 85L II would fit if I needed it to.
Bags I'm looking into, but cant find in stock anywhere.
1) Kata R-102, R-103, R-104
– If anyone has experience with these, I'd love to hear it.
If there's a company I should look at, let me know.