Canon continues to develop optical formulas for an RF mount superzoom, something that we’ll likely see sooner than later. This patent shows an optical formula for an RF 24-300mm f/4-5.6. It’s hard to say if this is an L lens, as they tend to be larger than their non-L counterparts.
Canon RF 24-300mm f/4-5.6 embodiement:
- Focal length: 24.72mm 90.83mm 290.86mm
- F-number: 4.12 5.00 5.88
- Angle of view: 41.19° 13.40° 4.25°
- Image height: 21.64mm 21.64mm 21.64mm
- Total lens length: 165.57mm 210.57mm 255.57mm
- BF: 14.37mm 32.56mm 30.89mm