Peter McKinnon has posted a video showing a couple of Canon EOS R3's in his possession. He is not allowed to post and videos or photographs taken from the camera as of yet, but he does give a rundown of some of the features and size comparisons between the EOS R3 and EOS-1D X Mark III and EOS R5.
There's a cringeworthy Squarespace plug in the middle of the video, but other than that, it should give you a bit of insight into the R3 and how it may handle.
It’s really just a video saying he has one, well actually he has two, but that’s what happens when you have nearly 6 million subscribers.
I love when reviewers do that instead of just testing things the way that they would use it.
They should have enough feedback from the Olympics to make firmware updates but those do take some time.
I do not expect to get one before the first firmware update.
While he showed the hotshoe, he didn't show the inside of it, where you can see some sort of cable plug:
(Shared this on the Olympic threads from "georgedeswijzen", an olympics photographer on Instagram)
From McKinnon's higher-res view of the top of the hotshoe, It does look like there are three pin holes for some sort of securing mechanism to fit into. Interested to see what Canon has planned for it.
1. sound feedback in electronic shutter mode
2. same drive speed in mechanical shutter as R5 & R6
3. high temperature warning sticker just like R5 & R6. maybe there's some video mode got restricted by overheat?
4. he said he got 3 weeks to play with. so early september release date.
1. I love that R3 has option for an audible sound in Electronic shutter. Wish they would include in R5.
2. The mechanical shutter sounds about same FPS as R5 so probably 12 FPS ( R1 will have fastest mechanical and electrical shutter)
3. Sounds like the eye controlled auto focus is more of a move the “area of focus” vs move the actual point of focus. For the intended use of this camera that should work eg. I want you to focus on that player, car, bird etc
4. Camera is light. I wonder if will be lighter than a gripped R5
So the launch is ether in three weeks, or just after that as he has to return in then.