Well, here we have the first specifications for the Canon EOS R1 (the flagship RF mount camera). Things are slow at the moment, so why the heck not?
Canon EOS R1 Specifications: (Rumored)
- Approx: 85MP global shutter CMOS imaging sensor
- Approx: 85MP at 20fps, 21MP at 40fps unlimited continued shooting
- Full Sensor Large Quad Pixel Auto Focus
- 15.5 EV+ Dynamic Range
- ISO 160-1638400
- 5-axis IBIS up to 9 stops
- 3.5” 9.33MP 1280nit 10-bit WCG RGB-OLED touch screen with 120Hz AE-AF
- 9.44MP 120Hz SuperSpeed AE-AF electronic viewfinder
- Price $8,500USD
There are a few things on this specifications list that scream nonsense, but I'll let you decide for yourself.
If this had shown up in my inbox, I would not have published it. However it was posted elsewhere, so here we are.
So you're saying there's a chance.
I suppose you could get that much with a bit of pixel shifting, but at 20 fps it'd still require heaving lifting.
The salesman who pulls that line on me gets to see me walk out the door.
Especially if you consider that Fuji is soon releasing a 100MP digital Medium Format camera, the gfx100S for about $6500 or so.
A Canon flagship if really near that performance with a full frame 85MP sensor and shooting speed....yeah, I can see that price point.