Update: We should see the new Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 VC G2 announced and available for preorder by the end of the week.
A couple of sources we talked to in the know claimed the Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 VC G2 was coming this week, are confused as to why it wasn't announced alongside the 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD (Model B028). We even received product links from a couple of retailers for the lens.
Perhaps Tamron feels it will fit nicely alongside the announcement of the Canon EOS 6D Mark II next week?
The lens is coming and pricing will be $1199 USD.
Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 VC G2 Specifications: (Google Translated)
- Lens composition: 12 groups 17 sheets
- Diaphragm blade: 9 (circular stop)
- Minimum shooting distance: 15 inches (about 0.38 m)
- Maximum magnification: 1: 5
- Image stabilization effect: Approximately 4.5 steps max. 5 steps
- Filter diameter: 82 mm
- Maximum diameter: 88.4 mm
- Length: 111 mm (for Canon), 108.5 mm (for Nikon)
- Weight: 905 g (for Canon), 900 g (for Nikon)
- Best-in-class AF performance by dual MPU (Micro Processing Units)
- Pricing: $1199 USD, £1299 GBP