Canon EOS M6 Mark II full specifications

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
I think we can be pretty confident that the 30fps burst is in there. It's demonstrated in the leaked video, and that seems like a lot of work for a fake video that ended up on Canon Australia's YouTube. It does note that there's a crop, but using a rolling buffer to capture images before you even press the trigger means you will capture the action you're after. I know it exists on other cameras, but I always thought that it would be a killer feature if used correctly.
I have used the feature on an Oly. I like it! Great for getting that proper instant of action. Right now, the best I have on an ILC is firing off a burst on a 7D2. This gives me 3X the speed!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
What are you expecting from the focus bracketing? In the RP it's electronic shutter only, with flash disabled. That combined with focus breathing in my 100mm macro makes it pretty useless for me.
I didn't know it was only E-shutter! Damn. Yeah, the only time I would want to use it was for product photography and I already knew it was a gimmick feature more than anything else. For me to use the feature it would need to capture RAW, mechanical shutter so it can
Same. But IMO, the key to a good silent mode is a fast-scanning electronic shutter of the kind no Canon stills camera has yet offered. An electronic shutter is no good with a slow readout because then rolling shutter and banding issues abound. The A9's electronic shutter scans at 1/160, which is fast enough to be usable in most conditions (i.e., one rarely needs to take the camera out of silent mode unless using strobes or shooting sports, and in that case, why would you need to be silent, anyway?).
The A9 shoots at 5fps with mechanical shutter. It is probably the biggest or most obvious blunder with that camera.

Upvote 0

illadvisedhammer

buggin out
CR Pro
Aug 19, 2015
What are you expecting from the focus bracketing? In the RP it's electronic shutter only, with flash disabled. That combined with focus breathing in my 100mm macro makes it pretty useless for me.
Thanks for the feedback, I don’t know anyone with an RP and was wondering if low power flash could keep up or be used. Perhaps similar to you I use flash in almost all of my insect macro, which is either in the field or inside for a few minutes before releasing them, utterly dependent on the flash to freeze camera and subject motion. Nevertheless, if I had the feature I’d take a battery powered LED light outside and try some 10-20 frame brackets on immobile subjects. Sounds like I should borrow or rent a camera with bracketing before thinking about buying one, but I won’t be borrowing or renting one of these. Some day the same technology that phones use to take multiple shots to reduce noise will be in our ILC cameras to focus stack, right?

Upvote 0
Canon operates in reality where the decision to exclude certain video resolution/frame rate combinations has had no meaningful impact on their sales.
You have data to support this? You love to brag that Canon has the #1 marketshare and that their marketshare is growing very slowly. Of course this is not causation. It's not even correlation. The majority of the cameras Canon does sell have p24. It's mostly just the newly released ones that don't. Maybe the lack of p24 in their new models is going to meaningfully impact their sales. When they sell less cameras in 2019 vs. 2018 will that be proof that p24 mattered to potential buyers?

Further, borrowing your game of twisting things out of context as argument support... Canon's best selling camera, the Rebel T7, has 1080p24. So clearly the feature is important to buyers and has driven the Rebel T7 to the top of Canon's sales chart.

You operate in a delusional fantasy land where the features you personally want represent the desires of most buyers.
As usual, your argument makes no sense. People who really want p24 aren't going to buy it, so they wouldn't be buyers. As such talking about desires of buyers of the model makes no sense in the context of a feature that's missing. It would be more useful to talk about a survey of potential buyers on what caused them to not buy it. I'm sure you don't have that data though, so just more opinionating by you that you try to disguise as a "fact" behind incredibly poorly reasoned arguments.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Thanks for the feedback, I don’t know anyone with an RP and was wondering if low power flash could keep up or be used. Perhaps similar to you I use flash in almost all of my insect macro, which is either in the field or inside for a few minutes before releasing them, utterly dependent on the flash to freeze camera and subject motion. Nevertheless, if I had the feature I’d take a battery powered LED light outside and try some 10-20 frame brackets on immobile subjects. Sounds like I should borrow or rent a camera with bracketing before thinking about buying one, but I won’t be borrowing or renting one of these. Some day the same technology that phones use to take multiple shots to reduce noise will be in our ILC cameras to focus stack, right?

The EL-100 flash has a 'stroboscopic' feature, which is meant to be used for multiple-exposure shots. It would be nice if that could be used for bracketing as well. Bracketing is really fast, when set to 100 shots it's done before you realize.
Most of my macro shots (flickr page) is done with flash in my backyard in positions where a tripod isn't useable. Which means I'd need a serious light source for focus stacking.

Upvote 0
Q: Whats the difference between a Canon bashers comments and a joke?
A:

Forgive me for not picking up the non existent difference.
I just like the hypocrisy that sales number and marketshare are frequently used to bolster the argument that Canon can do no wrong, but apparently can't be used to show the inverse.

Call me a basher all you want, but some years down the road people will look back and note that Canon had loyal customers who tried to persuade them to making the adjustments they needed to adapt to the changing market, but that they resisted and reaped the consequences.

Every camera I own except for two are Canon. I have numerous SLR, DSLRs, Powershots, etc. I'm not "investing" any more money into any Canon system and haven't for several years because I think they've lost their way and am waiting to see if they find their way back or if I should move to another system. So far it's not looking good for Canon.

Upvote 0

espressino

sigh.
Feb 26, 2018
It also lists a "panning" drive mode, any speculation on what that actually does?
The G7XII and the M6 have that mode too. When you take a photo of a moving object it's supposed to keep the car/bike/moving thingy in focus while blurring the background as you move the camera along when tracking the object.

Upvote 0
What the hell is USB 2.0 doing here?
With a large number of images and huge files?

USB 2.0 instead of 3.0 probably saved them $5 on a $1000 camera. I agree its ridiculous, and probably done so some future model has something to lure users to upgrade. As for transferring files, I haven't connected a camera to a computer in 15 years since most cameras stopped supporting USB mass storage mode ( where the storage operated just like files on an external drive). A card reader is much more convenient these days.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2014
Type C - charge
Micro USB (2.0) - transfer :ROFLMAO:...

We have 2019
What the hell is USB 2.0 doing here?
With a large number of images and huge files?
Miserable

At least it's not mini USB like on the M100. I agree that USB 2.0 is ridiculous but i only ever used the USB for tethering and now can use Wifi for that, so don't really care.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
You have data to support this? You love to brag that Canon has the #1 marketshare and that their marketshare is growing very slowly. Of course this is not causation. It's not even correlation.
Canon makes cameras. Canon picks the features to put or not put in their cameras. Canon has sold far more cameras than anyone else every year for many years. Canon has shown they are good at picking features that result in people buying their cameras.

I hope the small words and short sentences made it possible for you to understand the logic this time around.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
USB 2.0 instead of 3.0 probably saved them $5 on a $1000 camera. I agree its ridiculous, and probably done so some future model has something to lure users to upgrade. As for transferring files, I haven't connected a camera to a computer in 15 years since most cameras stopped supporting USB mass storage mode ( where the storage operated just like files on an external drive). A card reader is much more convenient these days.
First, I really doubt that it saved them $5..... with the quantities they buy, I really doubt it saved them 1$

Second, there are so many errors in that spec sheet that I don’t trust anything

Upvote 0
Canon makes cameras. Canon picks the features to put or not put in their cameras. Canon has sold far more cameras than anyone else every year for many years. Canon has shown they are good at picking features that result in people buying their cameras.

I hope the small words and short sentences made it possible for you to understand the logic this time around.
Sorry, but your argument tries to draw connections that just aren't there and can't be substantiated.

Their best selling model has the very feature you claim is unimportant. The majority of their models have the feature you claim is unimportant. Yet, you use their sales to suggest that the feature being omitted from new models hasn't impacted sales. That's quite the logical leap you've made there. It's totally flawed and has no absolutely evidence to support it. But, by your own logic and argument their declining sales after removing said feature will prove that removing it was the wrong decision.

See how easy this is?

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
I just like the hypocrisy that sales number and marketshare are frequently used to bolster the argument that Canon can do no wrong, but apparently can't be used to show the inverse.

Call me a basher all you want, but some years down the road people will look back and note that Canon had loyal customers who tried to persuade them to making the adjustments they needed to adapt to the changing market, but that they resisted and reaped the consequences.

Every camera I own except for two are Canon. I have numerous SLR, DSLRs, Powershots, etc. I'm not "investing" any more money into any Canon system and haven't for several years because I think they've lost their way and am waiting to see if they find their way back or if I should move to another system. So far it's not looking good for Canon.
Thats not the point, the point is people constantly say Canon is doomed yet their continued domination of the market proves exactly the opposite. For me it doesn't have anything to do with agreeing with what Canon do, what they offer, or anything else, it is simply presenting a fact that contradicts uninformed posters opinion.

Yes you might think they have lost their way, but, yet again, sales numbers illustrate you are an outlier, for people deciding to buy a camera Canon are the most popular choice, you can reason that any way you want, the people that point that out are not saying Canon can do no wrong, they are just saying your opinion is not the same as the largest percentage of actual purchasers.

Upvote 0
...they are just saying your opinion is not the same as the largest percentage of actual purchasers.
You're the second person to try to use this logic on me today. People who aren't happy with the direction Canon is taking and the products they're making aren't purchasers. They're fence sitters or switchers. More people aren't buying than are, so there's no way you can conclude that based on the market share of a dwindling market that they're making the right decisions. Conversely, I can't prove that they are making the wrong decisions from sales data either. These camera systems have a lot of inertia to them in sales. At this point you'd learn far more by asking the people who aren't making the purchases of Canon gear why they're not buying than trying to look at sales numbers.

For example If Canon had stayed with manual focus FD lenses and not switched to the EOS AF system Canon's sales wouldn't have dropped to 0 in a year. Their sales still would have been good for some time. However, that decision would have eventually caught up with them and years later it'd be easy to point to that decision as a bad one that cost them. We're too close to the inflection point to know for sure how it's going to pan out. But this same cycle has played out for many companies in the past, some corrected before it was too late. Others didn't.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
You're the second person to try to use this logic on me today. People who aren't happy with the direction Canon is taking and the products they're making aren't purchasers. They're fence sitters or switchers. More people aren't buying than are, so there's no way you can conclude that based on the market share of a dwindling market that they're making the right decisions. Conversely, I can't prove that they are making the wrong decisions from sales data either. These camera systems have a lot of inertia to them in sales. At this point you'd learn far more by asking the people who aren't making the purchases of Canon gear why they're not buying than trying to look at sales numbers.

For example If Canon had stayed with manual focus FD lenses and not switched to the EOS AF system Canon's sales wouldn't have dropped to 0 in a year. Their sales still would have been good for some time. However, that decision would have eventually caught up with them and years later it'd be easy to point to that decision as a bad one that cost them. We're too close to the inflection point to know for sure how it's going to pan out. But this same cycle has played out for many companies in the past, some corrected before it was too late. Others didn't.
But they didn't, they evolved, they came out with EF, and EF-s, and M, and RF, they released the best selling range of MILC's in predominantly MILC markets (they provided what those markets wanted), they diversified into medical imaging, a cinema range of cameras, security cameras etc etc. You think you can say they haven't changed, they have, just not in the way you want, you say they are doomed yet they are maintaining market share in a contracting market.

You feel they are failing to provide what your market wants, we are just saying maybe they know what they are doing and your market isn't worth the cost to them and the last 50 years of data has shown them to be good judges.

Upvote 0