Announcement details on the 1DX Mark III

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Everybody is reading into this waaay too much!...

Exactly. I'm tired of the non-rumor rumors designed only to keep people commenting on the same-old same-old. Please Craig, do some digging and get us something we can sink our teeth into.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Exactly. I'm tired of the non-rumor rumors designed only to keep people commenting on the same-old same-old. Please Craig, do some digging and get us something we can sink our teeth into.
Or just silence. Deals of the Day and Industry News are fine for front page as well imo. The industry simply can't have earth shattering headlines everyday, any maroon knows that.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Tough game to play - I would bet the site needs regularity to generate sufficient revenue, but trying to increase the number of rumours may be tough without decreasing the standard of trust. I'm going to bet he doesn't bother with rumours that are less trustworthy - I'd rather he post other stuff rather than tempt him to pick stuff up off the cutting room floor.

Upvote 0

Architect1776

Defining the poetics of space through Architecture
Aug 18, 2017
Williamsport, PA
Ye
Canon design Lead: Yeah, let’s distinguish ourselves by releasing the ugliest looking pro dslr camera body ever and make a splash of a sales marketing a new design paradigm. Oh, wait... a second... I am fired? Nooooo...

What makes it ugly?
I have a Nikon F Photomic that is silver and black, not a peep on how ugly or non-professional it looked.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

unfocused

Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
She posted also those two custom mades 5D IV & 1DX II ;)

I think it is a big fake!

Fake...joke...or someone else jumping to conclusions, hard to say. Looks like they have had a couple of existing models pimped up (There are companies that will do that for you).

Upvote 0
P.S. the contact who sent this in doesn't seem to be hiding her identity and seems to suggest it is a 1DXII. It's on her instagram and even references this article:

Damnit.. Craig and I both got bamboozled by this.

Modified the post.

Just to comment on some above posts. CR Guy is away on vacation with his misses. So I'm helping out here at the same time as doing CN. So we're both looking at tidbits and deciding on whether or not it is a valid rumor / tidbit of information. Craig does get a lot in, and at times, he simply can't publish the information at well, or there is a lot of sifting through to figure out fact from BS. It sounds like it would be easy.. but there are times you get two sources saying two different things, making even more difficult to choose which one may be the reality.

In this case, Craig passed it over to me, and I should have done a bit more looking into it. Apologies to the community.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Modified the post.

Just to comment on some above posts. CR Guy is away on vacation with his misses. So I'm helping out here at the same time as doing CN. So we're both looking at tidbits and deciding on whether or not it is a valid rumor / tidbit of information. Craig does get a lot in, and at times, he simply can't publish the information at well, or there is a lot of sifting through to figure out fact from BS. It sounds like it would be easy.. but there are times you get two sources saying two different things, making even more difficult to choose which one may be the reality.
It seems like you guys get more right than you get wrong, frankly. I wouldn't worry too much about it - it is a rumours site after all. I still appreciate everything you guys do!

Upvote 0

unfocused

Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com

Modified the post.

In this case, Craig passed it over to me, and I should have done a bit more looking into it. Apologies to the community.
Gives us something to talk about waste time, while waiting. We all respect what you and Craig do. Just impatient for real news. I expect that after the first of the year, you will start getting more reliable rumors.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0