Announcement details on the 1DX Mark III

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
Yes, there are images released by Canon of the upcoming camera that continue to be displayed on their web pages with information about the EOS 1D X Mark III, such as the link included in my earlier comment to which you initially responded that led to the conversation including your comment quoted immediately above.

Are you trolling? I just explained that I was not aware of the images Released by Canon? What is so difficult to understand. There is no point in discussing this further.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
You miss the point. Again.
The camera was given to a photographer for testing. This is my understanding. he is under NDA and not at liberty to release any information related to its properties: appearance, qualities, functions, price, look, feel, whatever.
That’s if one is under NDA. However, there is no such a limitation if there is no NDA in place.

And again, you're totally missing the point that pretty much all NDAs from manufacturers of consumer products will include language that releases the signatory from restrictions about revealing any specific information once it has been publicly revealed by the manufacturer.

Thus anyone who signed an NDA regarding the 1D X Mark III is now free to post images of the parts of the 1D X Mark III that Canon has since published, and they are free to discuss information about the 1D X Mark III that has since been openly published by Canon. They are still restricted only with regard to properties of the 1D X Mark II that Canon has not yet publicly disclosed, such as the sensor resolution, or what the back of the camera looks like, etc.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
Are you trolling? I just explained that I was not aware of the images Released by Canon? What is so difficult to understand. There is no point in discussing this further.

Are you trolling? You keep repeating yourself that when you replied to certain comments you didn't know about images that were linked in the very comments to which you were responding.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Here you go, just for you, my friend
c010.gif
a070.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
nope, negative. NDA is in a full force until such a time when images of the actual device have been released by IP holder into public domain or explicit permission to do so. they have not been yet. so....
Depends on the NDA. In theory it could have items:
-allow tester to publish pictures of the device (perhaps only front side as you noticed)
-allow publishing things after certain date
-etc

For such experienced photographer, I'm quite certain the picture wasn't accidental. Especially since the body actually says 1DX3. Most test-bodies don't say that to keep it secret, this time it was obviously intentional, including the post.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
Thus anyone who signed an NDA regarding the 1D X Mark III is now free to post images of the parts of the 1D X Mark III that Canon has since published, and they are free to discuss information about the 1D X Mark III that has since been openly published by Canon. They are still restricted only with regard to properties of the 1D X Mark II that Canon has not yet publicly disclosed, such as the sensor resolution, or what the back of the camera looks like, etc.

Again, depends on the NDA. I currently hold (non-camera) device under NDA, which has been published about same level (pictures & info) as Canon 1DX3 at the moment, but I'm still not allowed to publish any pictures or talk about any of the features, even the ones that are already out there.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
And again, you're totally missing the point that pretty much all NDAs from manufacturers of consumer products will include language that releases the signatory from restrictions about revealing any specific information once it has been publicly revealed by the manufacturer.

I have signed NDAs that had a specific date, and I have signed them that said never. Personally, I have yet to see one that said that once someone else blabbed, that I was free to. As to Canon NDAs, none of us know what is in it, and even if one did, they would not be talking.

Pass the popcorn!
:coffee:

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017

At the time I made the statement I was not aware that Canon already released images of 1DX III into public domain. Hence my comment has to be viewed with that in mind. And you keep ignoring the fact and try to educate me about things I am professionally aware.
How difficult to understand that.

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
I have signed NDAs that had a specific date, and I have signed them that said never. Personally, I have yet to see one that said that once someone else blabbed, that I was free to. As to Canon NDAs, none of us know what is in it, and even if one did, they would not be talking.

Pass the popcorn!
:coffee:
They typically say: until either explicitly permitted by IP holder, restricted by date or non withstanding or excluding information already available in public domain.
But you are correct. Pop corn it is. As there is no point to argue here. I was not aware, overlooked Canon released images of the camera. I would not comment otherwise. And I apologised for being incorrect.Why Michael is keep pressing his point is beyond my understanding.

Upvote 0