Potential Canon EOS R Mark II specifications [CR1]

davidhfe

CR Pro
Sep 9, 2015
Three thoughts
- That quality of an EVF is into Leica territory.
- Even if that 12fps has a few asterisks, it'd still be great to see
- I hate the mismatched cardslots on my 5D4, but given the current price of CFe I don't see a way around it.

Anyways, this'd be a solid 5D4 upgrade for those who want to ditch the OVF

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
IBIS should finally be there, crucial function for proper work with that fantastic new prime lenses, at this stage of time, EF 85mm 1.4 still overperform more expensive RF 85 1.2 in real world usage.
Having owned both those 85’s I couldn’t disagree more :p I dislike the 85 L IS so much it’s getting me angry just thinking about it, lol.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Gino_FOTO

Right in the middle of exposure triangle.
Aug 19, 2018
Having owned both those 85’s I couldn’t disagree more :p I dislike the 85 L IS so much it’s getting me angry just thinking about it, lol.
I don't know RF version, but only slightly better T-stop, if so some, does not makeup to excellent IS in EF, I fell so confident to catch 1/15sec most of the time, almost no way doing so without image stabilization.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

fox40phil

People, Events, Sports & Wildlife
Apr 12, 2013
Germany
www.phileas-schoenberg.de
"1 SD card slot & 1 CFexpress slot"

So CFast 2.0 is completely dead now yes :) :D? Only one camera of Canon got it :D? Yey!
CF is also dead then :S..

Specs are looking great! But would prefere maybe 36MPs to have a little bit more like just a smull push 30->32MP.

Lets hope the 5D V will have the same stuff

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
I don't need to, using RF 85mm is exact equal to EF 85mm with IS turn off. (in real world usage)
It reeeaaally isn’t though... the 85 IS is softer, much worse CA performance and much worse AF, it did not track anything like the RF85. And much sharper also . But each to their own, I just own(ed) both and to me there is no question the RF85 is better, even considering the high price.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0
I'm personally a little dissapointed that they've (apparently) caved to the card slot cry-bullies. But. I understand why they thought they had to.

why? You need the CFexpress forimproved video and the SD slot is nice for backup jpegs or overflow and doesn’t take up hardly any space.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0