A Canon camera has shown up for certification

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Why are the 'losing this classic market'? Yes, thare will be some who switch and an increasing from nothing will always look impressive. But most CaNikon wildlife shooters shoot APS-C and they are still way ahead of Sony in this market.
With all the hype, it is easy to forget that Sony has improved their market share in FF cameras and FF only. In total ILC market share, Sony has no more of a market what than they did before launching mirrorless because FF is such a small percentage of the overall market.
These things also never take into the account the Sony/Nikon shooters that switch to Canon. It's almost always framed as everybody leaving Canon. Not doubting @justaCanonuser, just saying.

Upvote 0

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
On Monday, at my fav pro photo shop, a guy at the desk said that rumors he heard are on the 7 k$ level for the R5. I wouldn't wonder if he's right, given the fact that the R5 introduces 8k video in the FF market. But you never know, the 5D Mk II revolutionized the video market a decade ago, and was quire affordable back then.
That guy at the desk was a Sony rep...

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
Why are the 'losing this classic market'? Yes, thare will be some who switch and an increasing from nothing will always look impressive. But most CaNikon wildlife shooters shoot APS-C and they are still way ahead of Sony in this market.
With all the hype, it is easy to forget that Sony has improved their market share in FF cameras and FF only. In total ILC market share, Sony has no more of a market what than they did before launching mirrorless because FF is such a small percentage of the overall market.
Most wildlife shooters do NOT shoot APS-C.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Jul 19, 2011
I have no R, but according to what I learned from R users, the RF-EF adapters
from Canon work surprisingly well.

There is no reason for surprise. The EF protocol is a subset of the RF protocol.
Canon just vastly sped up data transfers, and some EF lenses already had the
option for a higher clock on board. Which is why EF and EF-S Lenses work at
least as good on R bodies as they did on EF/EF-S bodies, some of them even
better than before.

There is no glass inside the mount converter (ignore the drop-in filter variant),
it just bridges the register and hands the contacts through.

It would be a surprise if EF lenses wouldn't perform as good on R cameras as
they did on EF/EF-S cameras.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
I don't know enthusiast in this specific sector, but in the last three vacation...
3 5D; 1 6D; 3 rebels, 2 nikon aps-c, 1 fuji ML, 1 sony a6x00 and a couple of powershot.
Real world is not YT, FB and IG (and CR)
People seems to forget that, i have seen more EOS R in real life than any a7 series camera

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
So the newer battery will work with the current chargers and LP-E6 compatible cameras. That's clever.
Maybe not the current chargers... but new chargers should be backward compatible. That is, given the same form factor, the higher density, perhaps different chemistry battery may have different charging requirements. Some of those really dense cells need pulsed charging and certain charge duty cycles, temperature monitoring, not as expected charge voltage and current... but, they ought to be able to make a new charger that will work with older cells (if it can differentiate between 'em).
None of that is fact, just saying.... we might see new charging schemes.

Upvote 0
Finally.
On Monday, at my fav pro photo shop, a guy at the desk said that rumors he heard are on the 7 k$ level for the R5. I wouldn't wonder if he's right, given the fact that the R5 introduces 8k video in the FF market. But you never know, the 5D Mk II revolutionized the video market a decade ago, and was quire affordable back then.

R5 can't cost more than 1DXIII. Expect the price around Sony A7RIV, possibly slightly higher.
Also Nikon is rumored to release Z8 with 61Mp. There's too much competition in the declining market, which is (hopefully) good for us.

Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
Maybe not the current chargers... but new chargers should be backward compatible. That is, given the same form factor, the higher density, perhaps different chemistry battery may have different charging requirements. Some of those really dense cells need pulsed charging and certain charge duty cycles, temperature monitoring, not as expected charge voltage and current... but, they ought to be able to make a new charger that will work with older cells (if it can differentiate between 'em).
None of that is fact, just saying.... we might see new charging schemes.
The current chargers could well work, but not charge as efficiently (ie not as quickly) as the updated ones. That won't matter to a lot of people.

Upvote 0

goldenhusky

CR Pro
Dec 2, 2016
How is that the Canon 600EX-RT is connected to the camera that was registered? I see an camera with code DS126832 and charger LC-E6 and battery LP-E6NH seems to be related. Why are the RS-60E3 and 600EX-RT listed there? Let's say if they are some how related then what about the Dell monitor? Sony HDMI and Lenovo T430 notebook? I understand the RS-60E3 and 600EX-RT are not new products and no need to be registered. I fail to understand how all these items are perceived to be related.

Upvote 0

dominic_siu

R5, 1435, 2870, 100500, 28, 100 Macro , 135 (RF)
Aug 31, 2018
I just want to know how well my EF lenses will work in this. There's just no way I'm going to totally switch over to RF in the near future.
With short focal length EF lenses with adapter on EOS R is not a good combination as protrude too much, btw EF lenses works flawlessly on EOS R

Upvote 0
I just want to know how well my EF lenses will work in this. There's just no way I'm going to totally switch over to RF in the near future.

My little RP works great with the EF lenses. I seem to notice that my 100 mm hunts a little bit more for focus than with my old 1D ii, but I'm not even really sure about that.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
...most CaNikon wildlife shooters shoot APS-C

Most wildlife shooters do NOT shoot APS-C.

Somebody's got to be wrong.

It's somewhere in between. I suspect that those who can afford to and are serious about it use both.

Many use APS-C because they are often distance limited and you can never get close enough.

I don't know if I'm typical but I use APS-C with good light and full frame with poor light. If the R5 and 5DV both have 45mp sensors, that might prompt me to choose just one, as the resolution difference won't be that great between those cameras and my 7DII. On the other hand, you'd have to pry the 90D with its 32 mp sensor out of my wife's hands.

Upvote 0

Cryhavoc

Eos R, EM1 MkII, Lumix G9, Lumix S1R
Jan 17, 2019
Seattle
"Jesus, God, help, my lord, Jesus, help me I'm falling down the steps oh lord Jesus Christ please !"

FOR THE LOVE OF BOKEH WILL SOMEONE LEAK A PRICE SO I CAN START HINT-DROPPING ON THE WIFE OH HELP ME PLEASE!

$3299.99 if Canon wants to dominate 2020 sales
$3499.99 if they want to keep everyone happy, ie the status quo.
$3999.99 if they want to increase Sony sales

Upvote 0