A new Canon ILC appears for certification, but we already know what it is

Canon Rumors Guy

EOS-1D X Mark III
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon EOS R3 is coming in September according to the latest information that I have been given. As the camera gets closer, we’re going to see more tidbits of information over the next 2 months.
It looks like the Canon EOS R3 has appeared for its Bluetooth certification. Model numbers containing “DS” cover Canon RF mirrorless cameras as well as DSLRs.
While I have information about cameras coming after the EOS R3, the DS126835 isn’t one of them.

Canon EOS R3 Specifications:

24mp...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: landon

Billybob

800mm f/11 because a cellphone isn't long enough!
May 22, 2016
Looking forward to seeing more details of the R3, and one day seeing how it feels in hand! :)
Yes, I think that I've seen enough details. Now I need to see how it performs. How well does it track? Does it keep up with the A1 in AF? How strong is the AA filter? How good is high-ISO/low-light performance?

Hopefully It will be officially announced and pre-release reviews get out in the wild.

David Hull

EOS RP
Jun 28, 2012
"Canon’s first full-frame, back-illuminated stacked CMOS image sensor in the EOS R3 will deliver substantially faster read-out speeds, and produce much lower "rolling shutter" distortion than previous EOS models."
"Canon’s first full-frame, back-illuminated stacked CMOS image sensor in the EOS R3 will deliver substantially faster read-out speeds, and produce much lower "rolling shutter" distortion than previous EOS models."
Ah, ha. I had not seen an actual Canon claim. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: EOS 4 Life

privatebydesign

I post too Much on Here!!
CR Pro
Jan 29, 2011
No.
Canon Rumors confirmed the rumor.
Canon has not said a word.
You are correct and I am 100% wrong! Funny we end up reading the same unconfirmed information so often we accept it as fact, I am as guilty as anybody.....

In my defense I would say CR rarely lists features as definite unless Craig is very sure of the source and to be as specific as 30.1 seems pretty definitive. However, on researching I agree you are right and Canon have not officially stated 30.1 mp anywhere I can see.

It’s funny because when I first saw that my figure in June here on CR I also asked if it was confirmed, and was told it was specifically listed.

Reactions: EOS 4 Life

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
Aug 9, 2018
I still (bitterly) miss a mention of an eye-controlled AF.
It would be a cute feature for hand-held macro shots !

privatebydesign

I post too Much on Here!!
CR Pro
Jan 29, 2011
I still (bitterly) miss a mention of an eye-controlled AF.
It would be a cute feature for hand-held macro shots !
3E18563C-891E-42A3-8C03-33962AEF1899.png

Reactions: usern4cr