A new Canon ILC appears for certification, but we already know what it is

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon EOS R3 is coming in September according to the latest information that I have been given. As the camera gets closer, we’re going to see more tidbits of information over the next 2 months.
It looks like the Canon EOS R3 has appeared for its Bluetooth certification. Model numbers containing “DS” cover Canon RF mirrorless cameras as well as DSLRs.
While I have information about cameras coming after the EOS R3, the DS126835 isn’t one of them.

Canon EOS R3 Specifications:

24mp...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Billybob

800mm f/11 because a cellphone isn't long enough!
May 22, 2016
Looking forward to seeing more details of the R3, and one day seeing how it feels in hand! :)
Yes, I think that I've seen enough details. Now I need to see how it performs. How well does it track? Does it keep up with the A1 in AF? How strong is the AA filter? How good is high-ISO/low-light performance?

Hopefully It will be officially announced and pre-release reviews get out in the wild.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Ho do you know it actually has a stacked sensor?
"Canon’s first full-frame, back-illuminated stacked CMOS image sensor in the EOS R3 will deliver substantially faster read-out speeds, and produce much lower "rolling shutter" distortion than previous EOS models."

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
"Canon’s first full-frame, back-illuminated stacked CMOS image sensor in the EOS R3 will deliver substantially faster read-out speeds, and produce much lower "rolling shutter" distortion than previous EOS models."
Ah, ha. I had not seen an actual Canon claim. Thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
No.
Canon Rumors confirmed the rumor.
Canon has not said a word.
You are correct and I am 100% wrong! Funny we end up reading the same unconfirmed information so often we accept it as fact, I am as guilty as anybody.....

In my defense I would say CR rarely lists features as definite unless Craig is very sure of the source and to be as specific as 30.1 seems pretty definitive. However, on researching I agree you are right and Canon have not officially stated 30.1 mp anywhere I can see.

It’s funny because when I first saw that my figure in June here on CR I also asked if it was confirmed, and was told it was specifically listed.

Upvote 0