Canon EOS R5 pricing in Europe may have leaked [CR2]

Rule556

I see no reason for recording the obvious. -Weston
Dec 19, 2019
Seattle
www.flickr.com
Still boggles my mind why they don't just include tax in US prices.

Who wants to be doing calculations in their head constantly when they're shopping.

Well, when tax varies not only state-to-state, but also county-to-county, and city-to-city, it doesn't make sense. Couple with the fact that in certain states it's against the law to advertise prices including tax, and it just doesn't work here.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

Still boggles my mind why they don't just include tax in US prices.

Who wants to be doing calculations in their head constantly when they're shopping.

I am having to implement US sales tax for a web store. US sales tax can vary even between two streets and in some examples one house in a street might pay more sale tax. It is really insane how granular it gets. If it was just per state or the whole country it would be easy.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
Dec 25, 2017
For me this question isnt that important. Since the R5 can replace multiple of our photo and video cameras, its a done deal. And thats only given the specs they allready revealed.
Even at 5500€ per body it would be a financial win for me, if I can finaly sell all this mixed equipment and specialized tools I horded over the last years and replace it with just 3 bodys xD

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Same here. I think by the time the R5 comes out, and goes through all the real-world reviews and opinions, it will be around the holidays by the time I get enough info on it to make the leap from 5DM3.

thats the jump I am going from too... the 5d MKiii was amazing all these years and now these mirrorless cameras are so exciting too! My 5d mkIII and lenses were stolen few months ago and insurance covered it all but I used that money to buy 4 RF lenses and a RP and using the left over waiting for the R5... even the RP has been amazing with the RF lenses this is all very exciting!

Upvote 0
Anyone thinking they can not pre-order and still find one in stock in the fall/winter is living in a fantasy world. The R5 will be sold out for a looooong time. There are literally years of pent up demand for a Canon with a better sensor and video specs — and they are all going to click “buy” at the same time. Only thing that might dampen enthusiasm for some would be a 39 mp stills resolution instead of 45 mp.

Upvote 0
hooo boy I'm going to be broke this year. Wonder how I'll convince the Ms.
I am not planning to tell my wife anything in details. I will tell her that a friend gave me an 5 year old camera that he didnt use at all. Also I will not tell her that I sold my kidney and sill have a dept that I need to pay off in 5 years. I will write it off to Covid19. Fingers crossed that this will work out.

• Sad
Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
I am having to implement US sales tax for a web store. US sales tax can vary even between two streets and in some examples one house in a street might pay more sale tax. It is really insane how granular it gets. If it was just per state or the whole country it would be easy.
Yes, I had to deal with that, its crazy. You end up needing to pay for a tax calculation service. The other option is to sell on a platform that calculates and collects / remits sales taxes for you. I now only sell on Amazon and ebay, both take care of sales taxes for me.

Upvote 0