Show your Bird Portraits

jmeyer

http://www.jeremymeyer.photography
CR Pro
Dec 11, 2014
Wisconsin
jeremymeyer.photography
Finally got through all of my fall warbler shots. Still a few passing through my area, but majority come in September. All taken with 7D mkll / EF600 f4 ll / 1.4x lll

Jeremy

American Redstart (male-fall)
Bay-breasted Warbler (hatch year-fall)
Black-and-white Warbler (hatch year-fall)
Blackpoll Warbler (hatch year-fall)
Black-throated Blue Warbler (female-fall)
Black-throated Blue Warbler (male-fall)
Black-throated Green Warbler (hatch year-fall)
Blue-winged Warbler (male-fall)

American Redstart (male-fall) 104.jpgBay-breasted Warbler (hatch year-fall) 107.jpgBlack-and-white Warbler (hatch year-fall) 100.jpgBlackpoll Warbler (hatch year-fall) 103.jpgBlack-throated Blue Warbler (female-fall) 100.jpgBlack-throated Blue Warbler (male-fall) 112.jpgBlack-throated Green Warbler (hatch year-fall) 101.jpgBlue-winged Warbler (male-fall) 100.jpg

Reactions: 14 users
Upvote 0

jmeyer

CR Pro
Dec 11, 2014
Wisconsin
jeremymeyer.photography
Here are a few more...

Cape May Warbler (hatch year female-fall)
Cape May Warbler (hatch year male-fall)
Chestnut-sided Warbler (hatch year-fall)
Common Yellowthroat (female-fall)
Common Yellowthroat (hatch year-fall)
Connecticut Warbler (female-fall)
Connecticut Warbler (hatch year-fall)
Golden-winged Warbler (female-fall)

Cape May Warbler (hatch year female-fall) 104.jpgCape May Warbler (hatch year male-fall) 107.jpgChestnut-sided Warbler (hatch year-fall) 108.jpgCommon Yellowthroat (female-fall) 100.jpgCommon Yellowthroat (hatch year-fall) 100.jpgConnecticut Warbler (female-fall) 100.jpgConnecticut Warbler (hatch year-fall) 101.jpgGolden-winged Warbler (female-fall) 102.jpg

Reactions: 13 users
Upvote 0

jmeyer

CR Pro
Dec 11, 2014
Wisconsin
jeremymeyer.photography
And the last group...

Magnolia Warbler (hatch year-fall)
Nashville Warbler (hatch year-fall)
Northern Parula (female-fall)
Northern Waterthrush (fall)
Ovenbird (hatch year-fall)
Tennessee Warbler (female-fall)
Wilson's Warbler (hatch year-fall)

Magnolia Warbler (hatch year-fall) 111.jpgNashville Warbler (hatch year-fall) 104.jpgNorthern Parula (female-fall) 102.jpgNorthern Waterthrush (fall) 110.jpgOvenbird (hatch year-fall) 100.jpgTennessee Warbler (female-fall) 102.jpgWilson's Warbler (hatch year-fall) 105.jpg

Reactions: 15 users
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Beautiful pictures. Well done, Jeremy.
d055.gif

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
And the last group...

View attachment 193707View attachment 193708View attachment 193709View attachment 193710View attachment 193711View attachment 193712View attachment 193713
Wow thanks for posting all those beautiful birds! What great shots of all! The picture of the Cape May confirms that I was able to get two rare warblers for my area and I need to check another one. Thanks
Joe

• Love
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
  • Love
Upvote 0
And the last group...

Wonderful series of small birds Jeremy, where did you find such abundance of small birds to shoot at close enough range for that level of detail...?
W.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

jmeyer

CR Pro
Dec 11, 2014
Wisconsin
jeremymeyer.photography
Wonderful series of small birds Jeremy, where did you find such abundance of small birds to shoot at close enough range for that level of detail...?
W.

Thank you! I'm in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area. I am lucky enough to have the Lake Michigan flyway, so migration is usually very good in spring and fall. I just go to my local county parks along the lake, and spend as much time as possible outside. This spring I took off 3 weeks just for migration! I took over 40k pictures and had over 30 warbler species, just in Milwaukee County! I don't usually take off in fall, but I'm also lucky enough to come and go from work as I please. This allows me to chase certain birds as well.

Jeremy

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Thank you! I'm in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area. I am lucky enough to have the Lake Michigan flyway, so migration is usually very good in spring and fall. I just go to my local county parks along the lake, and spend as much time as possible outside. This spring I took off 3 weeks just for migration! I took over 40k pictures and had over 30 warbler species, just in Milwaukee County! I don't usually take off in fall, but I'm also lucky enough to come and go from work as I please. This allows me to chase certain birds as well.

Jeremy
You have to slow down with this "medicine" - looks like addiction already!!! ;)
I'm joking off course - great shots (as usually from you!) and great consistency! Always fun to see your posts: a lot of great shots and lots of interesting birds!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

jmeyer

CR Pro
Dec 11, 2014
Wisconsin
jeremymeyer.photography
As I posted here a few weeks ago, the finches are on the move! So far in Wisconsin, it's off to the best start since 2012. We were inundated with Pine Siskins early in the month. Most have moved south, but there are still plenty lingering. White-winged Crossbills, Red Crossbills and Evening Grosbeaks have started showing up in decent numbers. And today, we had our first push of Common Redpolls into the southern part of the state. I have seen Red Crossbills and Evening Grosbeaks before, but only a handful of times. I have never seen White-winged Crossbills. That changed on Tuesday, when I had at least 30. Only got briefs looks and a couple doc shots, but still exciting. I had off on Friday and went back to find them. I found at least 45 and followed them around for several hours. 1500+ shots later... 7D mkll / EF 600 f4 ll / 1.4x lll

Now just waiting for Evening Grosbeaks and Common Redpolls (maybe even a Hoary) to show up close to me, hopefully tomorrow!!!

Jeremy

White-winged Crossbill (female-fall) 100.jpgWhite-winged Crossbill (female-fall) 101.jpgWhite-winged Crossbill (female-fall) 119.jpgWhite-winged Crossbill (hatch year female-fall) 101.jpgWhite-winged Crossbill (hatch year male-fall) 100.jpgWhite-winged Crossbill (hatch year male-fall) 110.jpgWhite-winged Crossbill (hatch year male-fall) 112.jpgWhite-winged Crossbill (male-fall) 101.jpgWhite-winged Crossbill (male-fall) 103.jpgWhite-winged Crossbill (male-fall) 106.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
As I posted here a few weeks ago, the finches are on the move! So far in Wisconsin, it's off to the best start since 2012. We were inundated with Pine Siskins early in the month. Most have moved south, but there are still plenty lingering. White-winged Crossbills, Red Crossbills and Evening Grosbeaks have started showing up in decent numbers. And today, we had our first push of Common Redpolls into the southern part of the state. I have seen Red Crossbills and Evening Grosbeaks before, but only a handful of times. I have never seen White-winged Crossbills. That changed on Tuesday, when I had at least 30. Only got briefs looks and a couple doc shots, but still exciting. I had off on Friday and went back to find them. I found at least 45 and followed them around for several hours. 1500+ shots later... 7D mkll / EF 600 f4 ll / 1.4x lll

Now just waiting for Evening Grosbeaks and Common Redpolls (maybe even a Hoary) to show up close to me, hopefully tomorrow!!!

Jeremy

View attachment 193736View attachment 193737View attachment 193738View attachment 193739View attachment 193740View attachment 193741View attachment 193742View attachment 193743View attachment 193744View attachment 193745
Super nice!

Jack

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0