EOS R5 External Charging

Thanks for this. I get annoyed because for some reason with Firefox CR posts get relegated to Spam, so I'm just now finding this. I tell the system it's not spam but it keeps happening to me.

Anyway I'm always looking for feedback in this regard. One thing about accessories like an L bracket, sometimes someone with good mechanical aptitude can identify some modification that will correct the issue and I'm wondering if that's possible in your case.

Jack
It's difficult to fix a cage without completely rebuilding it as the cage goes around the camera. With the battery grip, the cage would have to be increased in height to fit the grip. I've found one company who makes a cage for $150. I don't know how it would be to handhold the camera with a cage and my curiosity hasn't reached $150 yet.

As far as CR posts being marked as spam, have you tried taking the email address of the CR post and creating a contact in the FireFox address book? I don't use FireFox but typically if the entry is in your contact list, the email program will accept it. Also, if you point to the email in your spam folder and right-click on it, do you have any options to mark it as not spam?

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
It's difficult to fix a cage without completely rebuilding it as the cage goes around the camera. With the battery grip, the cage would have to be increased in height to fit the grip. I've found one company who makes a cage for $150. I don't know how it would be to handhold the camera with a cage and my curiosity hasn't reached $150 yet.

As far as CR posts being marked as spam, have you tried taking the email address of the CR post and creating a contact in the FireFox address book? I don't use FireFox but typically if the entry is in your contact list, the email program will accept it. Also, if you point to the email in your spam folder and right-click on it, do you have any options to mark it as not spam?

Thanks for the reply!

Yes spam can be marked as not spam, which I've done but that hasn't stopped it from repeating - why?? However, I will try your other suggestion.

Of course there are limits to what is practical as far as modifying existing designs and some things simply aren't doable. In my case I just happen to be a very persistent personality that has trouble letting go of, "there must be a way".

It's been a long time since I built this "treepod" and it's seen limited use but it does work. Like every original, it needs to be reworked to improve it and I'm not sure I'll invest the time. Swinging arm should be shorter (lighter), reduce the bulk of the framework, etc. Then there is the issue of how to find yourself high up a tree with heavy gear to mount things and ... Life is just too busy.

Jack

Tree pod6.JPG

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I've used Firefox for years with CR. It has never marked CR posts as spam. Something is weird. Does it do it with other browsers? I'd suspect your internet security software is doing it. Check the logs.
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't use other browsers. It seems to be rather random in that I'll be watching a thread for maybe a month or two and then, hmm, no one is posting any birds - that's strange - I'd better check spam, and sure enough. But now that I'm wise to it, it isn't that big of an annoyance.

Jack

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply!

Yes spam can be marked as not spam, which I've done but that hasn't stopped it from repeating - why?? However, I will try your other suggestion.

Of course there are limits to what is practical as far as modifying existing designs and some things simply aren't doable. In my case I just happen to be a very persistent personality that has trouble letting go of, "there must be a way".

It's been a long time since I built this "treepod" and it's seen limited use but it does work. Like every original, it needs to be reworked to improve it and I'm not sure I'll invest the time. Swinging arm should be shorter (lighter), reduce the bulk of the framework, etc. Then there is the issue of how to find yourself high up a tree with heavy gear to mount things and ... Life is just too busy.

Jack

View attachment 193906
Now that is neat!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I've used Firefox for years with CR. It has never marked CR pcreated a osts as spam. Something is weird. Does it do it with other browsers? I'd suspect your internet security software is doing it. Check the logs.
So, I followed this procedure:

Also, go to Settings->Filters and create a filter for one of the e-mail addresses you receive a lot of e-mail from that goes to spam. On the second page of the filter, use the "never send to spam" option AND the option to add a label to the message. When the next new message arrives from that sender, see if it is/isn't in Spam and if it does/doesn't have the label applied.

However, I just pasted in the email address of the Bird thread and it's a very strange looking address and I'm wondering if it will only work for that thread. Do you know if there is a more generic address that would apply to everything coming from CR?

Jack

Upvote 0
I've just discovered that you CANNOT charge non-canon batteries in the BG-R10 grip. The circuitry apparently interrogates the batteries and refuses to charge them in the grip. If you put two Canon batteries in it works fine. If you have a non-Canon and a Canon battery in it doesn't charge. If you try charging in the body and then turn the camera on and select battery info, you get a prompt asking if there is a non-Canon battery in the grip. If you answer Yes (for non-Canon) then you get a warning about counterfeit batteries and the camera shuts down. If you say NO and try to trick the grip, you get the warning and it doesn't charge. So it appears when you try and charge non-Canon batteries, it doesn't work.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0