Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Are you telling me the following flower is not a lilac? FYI This is Genus Syringa based on throwing a few images into bing's name that plant website -> https://plants.ces.ncsu.edu/plants/syringa-vulgaris/ Also when I purchased this plant it was tagged as a variety of Lilac. I can't recall the specific variety. View attachment 199896View attachment 199897
No! Now I recognized it! I just forgot how it looks when the flowers are over (to long time on Hawaii, no lilac here. Otherwise in the country from where I came you can find the Lilac in some low mountain woods - wild).
Sorry for the confusion!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I took out the DSLR and 500 prime this afternoon to remind myself what it's like! Just my luck, there was a beautiful young heron in the stream by the road who was oblivious of my presence. But, because it was so large I had to zoom back with my feet and nearly got run over. I use 500mm on the 100-500mm 95% of the time, but it's worth the zoom for that remaining 5%. Still, the old gear delivered the goods.

DSC_2459-DxO_young_heron_fishing_50%.jpg

Reactions: 18 users
Upvote 0
I took out the DSLR and 500 prime this afternoon to remind myself what it's like! Just my luck, there was a beautiful young heron in the stream by the road who was oblivious of my presence. But, because it was so large I had to zoom back with my feet and nearly got run over. I use 500mm on the 100-500mm 95% of the time, but it's worth the zoom for that remaining 5%. Still, the old gear delivered the goods.

View attachment 199932
Great shot Alan!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0