Will there be Canon R3 Launch Events in the Americas?

FrenchFry

Wildlife enthusiast!
Jun 14, 2020
Greetings!

I was wondering if anyone has seen anything regarding a product launch event for the R3 in the Americas? Excited as I am to watch the Canon Europe and Canon Asia events at 3am, I was hoping that there would also be a Canon USA event (to show pricing in USD).
While I've received multiple (spam) emails from Canon USA this week touting benefits of PIXMA printers and such, I've seen no clues of any R3 launch events. Since the events of Canon Europe and Asia are less than 48 hours away now, I would have thought there would be something announced by now.
Has anyone seen anything yet? Did I miss the news? Is it possible that the Canon divisions in the Americas simply will not have events?
Canon Europe claims this is "The most exciting announcement of the year". Why would any other Canon divisions want to sit this out?

FrenchFry

Wildlife enthusiast!
Jun 14, 2020
Might be just a press release. A time of 6 am EST was suggested here.
Thanks for the reply!
It's certainly possible that it will be a press release. It just seems a bit odd that Canon Europe is saying this is the most exciting event of the year while Canon USA is doing no similar fanfare. I was expecting an event with clips from the Ambassadors we have seen testing the R3. Hopefully they will do something...
Later in the day would be ideal given that 3am PST is a tad early.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
They will release a handful of videos. Usually they have a series with Rudy Winston going through the new features. They often produce a video showing off the camera, where they pick one Canon explorer and have them "test" the camera. Often at least one focused on video and one focused on stills. The Winston videos will have some useful information about the features, the others will be pretty and fun to watch but won't impart much in the way of useable information.

All the usual reviewers will finally be able to release their own videos which mostly will just run through the features. More in depth reviews will show up in the coming weeks.

DPW will release a "first look" review that just highlights the various features.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0