Nice! Well done, Alan.
d055.gif

Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
My wife sent me a link to a Patagonia article and mentioned I'd probably like to read the short story & photos at the end of it. I did, and thought that others here might enjoy reading it. If so (and if it's allowed ?) I copied the link to the story by itself (without the Patagonia stuff) in case you want to read it. It's at:
(Craig - if this is inappropriate, then just let me know so I'll know better next time)

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

jmeyer

http://www.jeremymeyer.photography
CR Pro
Dec 11, 2014
Wisconsin
jeremymeyer.photography
I haven't been out much this summer, but now that fall migration is peaking, I've been out a lot lately. Sunday morning, I had a shocking, surprise sighting! An Azure Tit (yellow-breasted) showed itself with a group of 3 Black-capped Chickadees!!! I'm in Wisconsin, which we clearly have no tits native here. This little guy is from the mountains of Tajikistan. Either it is an escapee from illegal bird trade or possibly from someone else, though their not really pet birds and uncommon, even in the wild. At any rate, a beautiful bird and one I surely did not expect while chasing warblers in southeast Milwaukee County! 7D mkll / EF 600 F4 ll / 1.4x lll

Jeremy

Azure Tit (yellow-breasted-adult fall) 100.jpgAzure Tit (yellow-breasted-adult fall) 101.jpgAzure Tit (yellow-breasted-adult fall) 102.jpgAzure Tit (yellow-breasted-adult fall) 104.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Upvote 0

macrunning

Enjoying the Ride
Feb 12, 2021
WA
My favourite bird for photographing is the Eurasian Kingfisher. I think it is the most beautiful of the kingfishers, and it is a magnet for bird photographers in the UK. Anyway, you have inspired me to go back over my old photos and rework them with modern software, and it's amazing how much you can improve. I'll start with ones in flight (even though this is not the BIF thread). Here are the ones I took with the 5DIII and 300mm f/2.8 II + 1.4xTC, before I used RAW, and I sharpened them with Topaz AI. The first three are of the bird emerging from a dive. The fourth is the next dive. All 100% crops.View attachment 200118View attachment 200119View attachment 200120View attachment 200121
Nice shots Alan. I really like the colors in that last one! It's got some pop.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

macrunning

Enjoying the Ride
Feb 12, 2021
WA
I haven't been out much this summer, but now that fall migration is peaking, I've been out a lot lately. Sunday morning, I had a shocking, surprise sighting! An Azure Tit (yellow-breasted) showed itself with a group of 3 Black-capped Chickadees!!! I'm in Wisconsin, which we clearly have no tits native here. This little guy is from the mountains of Tajikistan. Either it is an escapee from illegal bird trade or possibly from someone else, though their not really pet birds and uncommon, even in the wild. At any rate, a beautiful bird and one I surely did not expect while chasing warblers in southeast Milwaukee County! 7D mkll / EF 600 F4 ll / 1.4x lll

Jeremy

View attachment 200185View attachment 200186View attachment 200187View attachment 200188
Beautiful bird. Nice shots.

• Love
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012

Jeremy

View attachment 200185View attachment 200186View attachment 200187View attachment 200188
A lovely Tit. Looks like a relative of our Blue Tit. EDit: Just checked in Wikipedia "This is the eastern counterpart of the common Eurasian blue tit. It will hybridise with that species, but the offspring usually show a blue crown, rather than the white of azure tit."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
At home, we've been enjoying hummingbirds at our feeder. I noticed one perching in our trees and thought I might as well see if I can get a decent photo of it. So I got out the R5 and the RF 800 with RF 1.4x TC (that I just leave on it). I got some crops of one in the same spot in the early morning sun, about 11 to 12 meters away. Here's the first half of those that were decent enough to keep. PL4 with 0.7 lens sharpening and deep prime output. There's a lot of "very similar" poses, but after culling down 800+ photos to just 19, I didn't feel like culling them down any further.

A04_3071_1_2k90%.jpg

A04_3110_1_2k90%.jpg

A04_3158_1_2k90%.jpg

A04_3237_1_2k90%.jpg

A04_3264_1_2k90%.jpg

A04_3268_1_2k90%.jpg

A04_3270_1_2k90%.jpg

A04_3282_1_2k90%.jpg

A04_3360_1_2k90%.jpg

A04_3397_1_2k90%.jpg

Cheers.

Reactions: 14 users
Upvote 0

First time I share photos here so hope you like them.

I'm still very much a beginner. Only got into birds/wildlife during lockdown 1.0 here in the UK and so far I've been limited to the local parks in Bristol.
Can't really complain though since we do have a good number of different species from Kingfishers to buzzards, kestrels, peregrines and sparrowhaks (plus all your usual tits and songbirds)

Reactions: 16 users
Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021

First time I share photos here so hope you like them.

I'm still very much a beginner. Only got into birds/wildlife during lockdown 1.0 here in the UK and so far I've been limited to the local parks in Bristol.
Can't really complain though since we do have a good number of different species from Kingfishers to buzzards, kestrels, peregrines and sparrowhaks (plus all your usual tits and songbirds)
I wouldn't guess you were a beginner! What is the first bird?

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I wouldn't guess you were a beginner! What is the first bird?
Thanks Eric!

Sorry didn't know the file name would be visible, I have renamed them as the bird species now
First one is a goldcrest. UK's smallest bird together with its more exotic brother the firecrest
That was actually the first time I saw and shot one, so got very very lucky when it landed right in front of me to catch some lunch.

I have to say that despite being a beginner, I have spent hours and hours walking around and scouting my local patch and making notes on where and when to find what, so in terms of "flight hours" I probably have twice the amount a sensible person would at this stage :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
At home, we've been enjoying hummingbirds at our feeder. I noticed one perching in our trees and thought I might as well see if I can get a decent photo of it. So I got out the R5 and the RF 800 with RF 1.4x TC (that I just leave on it). I got some crops of one in the same spot in the early morning sun, about 11 to 12 meters away. Here's the first half of those that were decent enough to keep. PL4 with 0.7 lens sharpening and deep prime output. There's a lot of "very similar" poses, but after culling down 800+ photos to just 19, I didn't feel like culling them down any further.

Nice series, usern4cr.

Upvote 0