Show your Bird Portraits

AlanF

Stay at home
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
A Vampire Great Tit. A mutant Great Tit with a malformed beak this afternoon (R5/1000mm). It's a young bird as I saw it last month with juvenile colouring.

309A3831-DxO_great_tit_malformed_beak_Ls-2.jpg

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
My wife sent me a link to a Patagonia article and mentioned I'd probably like to read the short story & photos at the end of it. I did, and thought that others here might enjoy reading it. If so (and if it's allowed ?) I copied the link to the story by itself (without the Patagonia stuff) in case you want to read it. It's at:
(Craig - if this is inappropriate, then just let me know so I'll know better next time)

jmeyer

http://www.jmeyerphotography.net/
CR Pro
Dec 11, 2014
Wisconsin
www.jmeyerphotography.net
I haven't been out much this summer, but now that fall migration is peaking, I've been out a lot lately. Sunday morning, I had a shocking, surprise sighting! An Azure Tit (yellow-breasted) showed itself with a group of 3 Black-capped Chickadees!!! I'm in Wisconsin, which we clearly have no tits native here. This little guy is from the mountains of Tajikistan. Either it is an escapee from illegal bird trade or possibly from someone else, though their not really pet birds and uncommon, even in the wild. At any rate, a beautiful bird and one I surely did not expect while chasing warblers in southeast Milwaukee County! 7D mkll / EF 600 F4 ll / 1.4x lll

Jeremy

Azure Tit (yellow-breasted-adult fall) 100.jpg
Azure Tit (yellow-breasted-adult fall) 101.jpg
Azure Tit (yellow-breasted-adult fall) 102.jpg
Azure Tit (yellow-breasted-adult fall) 104.jpg

macrunning

Enjoying the Ride
Feb 12, 2021
WA
My favourite bird for photographing is the Eurasian Kingfisher. I think it is the most beautiful of the kingfishers, and it is a magnet for bird photographers in the UK. Anyway, you have inspired me to go back over my old photos and rework them with modern software, and it's amazing how much you can improve. I'll start with ones in flight (even though this is not the BIF thread). Here are the ones I took with the 5DIII and 300mm f/2.8 II + 1.4xTC, before I used RAW, and I sharpened them with Topaz AI. The first three are of the bird emerging from a dive. The fourth is the next dive. All 100% crops. View attachment 200118 View attachment 200119 View attachment 200120 View attachment 200121
Nice shots Alan. I really like the colors in that last one! It's got some pop.

Reactions: AlanF

macrunning

Enjoying the Ride
Feb 12, 2021
WA
I haven't been out much this summer, but now that fall migration is peaking, I've been out a lot lately. Sunday morning, I had a shocking, surprise sighting! An Azure Tit (yellow-breasted) showed itself with a group of 3 Black-capped Chickadees!!! I'm in Wisconsin, which we clearly have no tits native here. This little guy is from the mountains of Tajikistan. Either it is an escapee from illegal bird trade or possibly from someone else, though their not really pet birds and uncommon, even in the wild. At any rate, a beautiful bird and one I surely did not expect while chasing warblers in southeast Milwaukee County! 7D mkll / EF 600 F4 ll / 1.4x lll

Jeremy

View attachment 200185 View attachment 200186 View attachment 200187 View attachment 200188
Beautiful bird. Nice shots.

• Love
Reactions: jmeyer