This is the Canon RF lens roadmap

Dec 25, 2012
I have mixed feelings about the 10-24. I currently use the EF 11-24 with an adapter.
It is wicked sharp and the AF is fast. I tis a huge money maker for me shooting interiors with that and my 17 TS-E. Both are unlikely to be supplanted any time soon and thus I may be out of the game before they come to market.
I guess I was fortunate to be shooting in the golden age of the TS-E and the 11-24 as I know if I had retired before they came out I would be just envious of those who got to use them.

I really appreciate the cameras and lenses we have today as I started out in the 70's with film and every format from 35mm half frame (Olympus PEN the original) to 8x10 view cameras. All had their charms but the image Is get today are many orders of magnitude better than what could be achieved then.
Yes, film is fun but the real benefit of digital is the commercial results I get in less time and higher quality.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Dragon

EF 800L f/5.6, RF 800 f/11
May 29, 2019
Oregon
Only during a sunny day, i couldn’t use this lens for deer photography in the early morning for example. I have a 400 2.8 is ii right now but i want something lighter for travel but with a better aperture than 7.1..
That lens is f.5.6 to 360mm. If you want a zoom that goes through 400 at f/4, it is going to be a LOT heavier. If Canon makes the rumored 400mm f/3.6 mirror lens that has been rumored, it might be perfect if you are OK with doughnuts (personally, I like mirror lenses and am looking forward AF and IS included).

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2020
Only during a sunny day, i couldn’t use this lens for deer photography in the early morning for example. I have a 400 2.8 is ii right now but i want something lighter for travel but with a better aperture than 7.1..
It does not have to be sunny to use a lens at f/7.1. It can be morning. It can be evening. It can be cloudy. Unless your deer are running fast and you need a really high shutter speed, you will have no problems.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
*** one thing I'd like is a mode that keeps taking pictures until it gets a super sharp one...
I'd like a mode where the camera (or in-post software) could give you some numerical measure of sharpness in the image, so that you could take many shots of the same thing and be able to easily choose only the sharpest one and discard the rest. I doubt we'll see it in-camera, but I'd really like to see it in post (like FastRawViewer or PhotoLab) as it would save me a TON of time there!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Comparing the lens lineup of Sony vs Canon and got a bit disappointed.
In terms of primes there is no 24mm, there is no 35mm f1.4, no 50 f1.4 and no 85 f.14, also missing the 135 actually.
Patience, young padawan. Sony has been making FE lenses for 9 years, Canon has been making RF lenses for 4 years. Canon’s launch rate (lenses/year) is higher than Sony’s. Zooms are generally more popular than primes, and they prioritized accordingly.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Comparing the lens lineup of Sony vs Canon and got a bit disappointed.
In terms of primes there is no 24mm, there is no 35mm f1.4, no 50 f1.4 and no 85 f.14, also missing the 135 actually.
I think Canons lineup is quite impressive for three years and two months in the making. At the moment, there are more Sony offerings on the table, but not for long anymore.
Plus, I like Canons innovation with their lenses on the consumer side (600/ 800mm/ 70-400mm/ affordable primes) as well on the professional side (14-35mm F4/ 28-70mm f2/ 100-500mm/ 70-200mm and their primes) and I expect more great things to come.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0