Show your Bird Portraits

gruhl28

Canon 70D
Jul 26, 2013
CR is downloading so slowly I can't see the images. This happens periodically. Does anyone else notice it?
I’ve found that the whole site has been very slow lately on Chrome on an iPad, but it's been fine for me on a PC. Chrome hasn't worked well on the iPad for years, but this site has been much worse than other sites only for the last month or two.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
A few martins collecting nesting material earlier this year. Had to lay in the mud to get these but got lucky when they came very close.

View attachment 201322View attachment 201323View attachment 201324View attachment 201325View attachment 201326
I think you got what you pay for (and looking at the photos you got them on reasonable price:)!
Your luck was mostly on the last shot - did you track it coming to you from some distance? If not - that's a lot of luck! And if it was actually taking off - I don't know what to say...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Thanks! For some reason my 'story' didn't get included...I started bird photography as hobby in January this year ( because of covid restricting my usual travel photogrpahy) and my goto place for birds apart from my garden is the Rietvlei Nature Reserve 10min drive from my home...there are more than 200 species to be found there plus some animals like rhino, eland, cheetah, zebra etc.
"Rietvlei Nature Reserve 10min drive from my home."
You are just in the spot for plenty of photos!
Please, make more photos of the Greater Striped Swallow - you posted one on page 1235 - such a beautiful bird!

Upvote 0
Spent about two hours sitting with this female Northern Harrier. Just before the sun set she did some stretching.
SDR14824A-4K.jpg

R5 600 II w/1.4X 1/200 : f/9 : ISO 800

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Upvote 0

Deleted

7D2
Sep 30, 2021
I think you got what you pay for (and looking at the photos you got them on reasonable price:)!
Your luck was mostly on the last shot - did you track it coming to you from some distance? If not - that's a lot of luck! And if it was actually taking off - I don't know what to say...
Thanks. It was taking off. I got used to focusing a little to the front then hitting the shutter as they took flight.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Two very nice shots. Well done, Alan.
It's well done my wife. I quickly showed her the two back focus buttons and set up the C1, C2 and C3 modes for different exposure situations and she immediately took to it. I am really impressed by the R6, and this 100-400 delivers the goods.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0