Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Another photos of the Rudy Turnstone...
There was nothing more interesting on the beach that I walked today.
If there is something that I really don't like in 500mm PF is the rendering of the strong highlights in the bokeh: partially onion-shaped on the periphery, kind of net-shaped elsewhere (and it was expected!)...
On other hand I would imagine walking the sand of the beach with 500mm f4 -significantly difficult (but depends how much you have to walk there)!
The first photo I already posted before - Pacific Golden Plover, after that is a photo where I tried to soften at least the brighter spots (PF 5 I thing? - local adjustments). When that spots are not that much you have a chance to do something in PP.
And the last two are the Rudy Turnstone from today - that nasty spots are too much to even try:(!

DSC_3922_DxO.jpg
DSC_3921_DxO.jpg
DSC_4334_DxO.jpg
DSC_4345_DxO.jpg

Last edited:

AlanF

Stay at home
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
If there is something that I really don't like in 500mm PF is the rendering of the strong highlights in the bokeh: partially onion-shaped on the periphery, kind of net-shaped elsewhere (and it was expected!)...
On other hand I would imagine walking the sand of the beach with 500mm f4 -significantly difficult (but depends how much you have to walk there)!
The first photo I already posted before - Pacific Golden Plover, after that is a photo where I tried to soften at least the brighter spots (PF 5 I thing? - local adjustments). When that spots are not that much you have a chance to do something in PP.
And the last two are the Rudy Turnstone from today - that nasty spots are too much to even try:(!

View attachment 201272 View attachment 201273 View attachment 201274 View attachment 201275
All lenses are a compromise. The 500PF has the great advantages of being light and very sharp and you can carry it with you easily. But, its weaknesses are with strong backlighting and sometimes with highlights - a small price to pay. Nice shots anyway.

Reactions: ISv and tron

Click

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 29, 2012
Canada

Very nice series, ISv. I especially like the first picture.

AlanF

Stay at home
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I went to a nature reserve just for a walk as I usually find very few birds there but was really pleased to come across a Goosander (Merganser) as I have rarely seen one. As a bonus, there was a Marsh Harrier as well. (R5 +100-500mm + 1.4x).

309A1957-DxO_700mm_goosander-lssm_SH.jpg
309A1872-DxO_700mm_marsh_harrier-lssm_SHAut.jpg

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I went to a nature reserve just for a walk as I usually find very few birds there but was really pleased to come across a Goosander (Merganser) as I have rarely seen one. As a bonus, there was a Marsh Harrier as well. (R5 +100-500mm + 1.4x).

View attachment 201297 View attachment 201298
Well, if you don't go out you have no chance to take a photos like these!
If you go out and look around you may get photos like these (or worst or better) - unfortunately not always but I'm sure every one got the logic! Staying home is just boring:p!

Last edited:

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Today I got just two species of birds: First one in the BIF topic and here are the "stationary" (huh, kind of...).
The "mirror slapping" has (at least sometimes!) it's advantage - birds are getting synchronized looking at what made the noise:LOL:!

DSC_4525_DxO.jpg
DSC_4531_DxO.jpg