Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Nice pictures, josephandrews.

The first one is Donald Trump, the second one is Joe Biden.
icon_lol.gif
I see more layers in your humor... And I like it:)!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

macrunning

Enjoying the Ride
Feb 12, 2021
WA
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Got lots of abuse for photographing these by birders as it is a red listed bird. They were not disturbed and I just got the shots by walking along a public footpath. Great little birds.

View attachment 201524View attachment 201525
I don't know were you took the photos but in general their population is considered not threatened. In some countries off course they may exist in low numbers and locally considered "threatened".
Anyway - nice shots! And I think some people are over reacting (may be just to show how careful to the nature they are and how "bad" you are...) but they are usually misinformed (or simply uneducated) about the given bird behavior: I don't think the warblers are between the bird species that would get scared by someone taking photos of them from reasonable distance. I have seen many warblers back in Europe foraging 6-8 (and even less!) meters next to me without any stress! They wouldn't be so sure if there is a natural predator around but no one of these "very concerned birders" will say "kill the predators" because it's not the "right agenda"! My own principle is to respect the nests (keep reasonable distance from them) and the offspring.

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Today I went to a local park - mostly for the walk. Met a friend and we seat on a bench to talk. After 5-10 minutes some birds approached (probably thinking we are harmless). Pure birds didn't know we are "armed and dangerous" - both of us were with cameras :D!
Here are some "portraits" taken from short distances.

DSC_5079_DxO.jpgDSC_5239_DxO.jpgDSC_5188_DxO.jpgDSC_5208_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 18 users
Upvote 0

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
Today I went to a local park - mostly for the walk. Met a friend and we seat on a bench to talk. After 5-10 minutes some birds approached (probably thinking we are harmless). Pure birds didn't know we are "armed and dangerous" - both of us were with cameras :D!
Here are some "portraits" taken from short distances.
Nice portraits. Great details!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0