Here is what Canon is announcing next, including the EOS R7, EOS R10 and RF-S lenses [CR3]

Jul 21, 2010
I don't agree. It's much better to focus on composition, the subject and the story in the image and video than worrying about AF, focus point position, exposure, etc, etc
Oh, come off it. Real image-makers don't use all those fancy, new-fangled gadgetry tools. They create images the old fashioned, tried-and-true way.

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 4.47.45 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
I posted this line-up as a suggestion in September 2021 (and even earlier) in another thread:

R5s is surely coming at one point, so will the R1. After the upcoming announcement we are almost there! :) For four years in the making and two of those years being hit with the pandemic, it already looks like a great line-up.

Just missing the R9/ R8... the latter one would attract me :)
whats the point of an R5s. Seems like canon is using 1-9 for the mirrorless. If the R5C is just an R5 with a fan basically, i cant see them naming a whole new sensor and camera an R5 still. I think we are more likley to see an R2 before an R5. The number 4 is bad luck in Japan so I dont know if we will see an R4.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2015
whats the point of an R5s. Seems like canon is using 1-9 for the mirrorless. If the R5C is just an R5 with a fan basically, i cant see them naming a whole new sensor and camera an R5 still. I think we are more likley to see an R2 before an R5. The number 4 is bad luck in Japan so I dont know if we will see an R4.
R5s would be the long-rumored high-resolution sensor in the body of an R5. It's just like how the 5DS (and 5DSR) were high-resolution sensors in the body of the 5D mk3 (among other changes). With R3 and R6 already taken, and "4" being bad luck (as stated above), I don't see any other integers available that would make sense. R5 followed by a letter to denote a specialized R5 version, like "C" for video and "S" for resolution, makes plenty of sense to me.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
R5s would be the long-rumored high-resolution sensor in the body of an R5. It's just like how the 5DS (and 5DSR) were high-resolution sensors in the body of the 5D mk3 (among other changes). With R3 and R6 already taken, and "4" being bad luck (as stated above), I don't see any other integers available that would make sense. R5 followed by a letter to denote a specialized R5 version, like "C" for video and "S" for resolution, makes plenty of sense to me.
45Mp is already a high resolution. Very few people would need more. I just feel like the R5S sounds like BS.

Upvote 0
If RF-S APS-C cameras can extend the life of my EF-S lenses, I'll probably buy one, especially with good IBIS. EF-S lenses were/are by far the best value around, with very good optics and amazing stabilization in the later zooms especially. It would easily take $3-4k in new lens buys to recreate my EF-S focal range, sacrificing a lot of weight and flexibility. If they cripple the RF-S bodies to not adapt EF-S lenses well, I'll use EF-M/EF-S bodies a few more years and jump to full frame at some point, but no guarantees it'll be Canon.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0