Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I haven't seen the Nutmeg Mannikin (=Scaly-breasted Munia) for a while (several months probably). Today there was a mixed flock in the neighborhood: sub-adults in different stages of transition of the plumage to adult and adults (the last photo). Juveniles don't have the "scales".
Most of the time they were feeding on the ground, I just choose photos when they got scared and flush on the trees.

DSC_3248_DxO.jpgDSC_3353_DxO.jpgDSC_3374_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 15 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Today I had to make chaperone for a visiting friends - in Honolulu Zoo. Since they are with little kids I had no say when we should go there. Happen to be at noon: "beautiful light" for taking photos :). On other hand - my first photos of juveniles Peacock (they have established populations on Oahu - wild and domestic types). I actually was exited with the background of some photos - grounded flowers of the Sausage tree (Kigelia africana). The birds used to drink water collected into the flowers.
After that (actually before that) I took some fast shots of the endemic Laysan duck - Anas laysanensis (no population on the main Hawaiian Islands, restricted to some small islets at the North-West Hawaiian chain).

DSC_3658_DxO.jpgDSC_3666_DxO.jpgDSC_3674_DxO.jpgDSC_3683_DxO.jpgDSC_3442_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Upvote 0