Search results

1. cid

flajraven polar support

Hi guys, I was thinking about this for few days until I made my mind. I'd like to ask you for support in competition. I used this business forum since I feel it's great opportunity for me to have a look to Norgegian/Swedish polar areas and bring some awesome photos from there. I know you are...
  2. cid

my first 2 articles

Hi, my second blog post on iso.500px.com just came out. I thought it might be interesting reading for some of you. I've written from my hobbyist point of view and I hope you like them ;) Feel free to leave feedback ... 7 Pieces of Advice for Beginners, from a Hobbyist Like You The Best Ways to...
  3. cid

Backuping strategy

I was just curious what is the right backup strategy for photos? What approach do you prefer and why do you think it's the best? Do you use some nice tool for syncing and/or backuping your photos? I personally have two hard drives, where I store all my photos and cloud storage where I store all...
  4. cid

Lightroom dashboard

Today I just found this very interesting tool, it's enough to drag and drop your catalog file to see the statistics. lightroom dashboard have a look for yourself ;)
  5. cid

ISO 50

Hi, I was wondering about advantades/disadvantades of ISO 50 in photography, as far as I know it's only digitally pushed down ISO 100 ... are there any problem which I should keep in mind when doing landscape photography with ISO 50? is it suitable for getting 1 stop slower shutter speed? or...
  6. cid

Lightweight tripod for backpacking

Hi guys, I'm planning two week backpacking trip to scotland and I would like to go there as light as possible so I'm looking for some nice light carbon tripod. What I found is Gitzo GT0531, which should be 0.72kg and support up to 5kg, it's marked as discontinued, but I hope there are still...
  7. cid

lee system

Hi, after I successfully ruined my 5 stop ND filter in Thailand, I started looking for replacement. One of the options is Lee system with big stopper, since I wanted more than 5 stop filter. I'm aware of all the advantages, what I'm not sure is what exactly do I need to make big stopper and...
  8. cid

my first zeiss glass

hope you don't mind this post, but I'm simply too happy about it not to mention recently I bought myself a present for my B-day however it's not a lens, but binoculars from zeiss :) to be precise this one zeiss conquest hd 8x42 I posted it accesories thread since it was meant for wildlife...
  9. cid

uneven polarization

Hi guys, on my last trips to mountains I encountered some uneven polarization effect. I was wondering, is there any way how to use polarizer and prevent from this effect? Or do you merge more shots to handle it in post processing? I have heard many opinions that this effect should be more...
  10. cid

missing reviews of 400mm f/4 DO IS II

There were lot of preproduction reviews of 7D mk II, but I'm really missing some more info about 400 DO II. It looks like a very interesting lens and I couldn't find any other info except introduction and short overview here Am I missing something? Is it too soon for reviews? Or am I the only...
  11. cid

pelican case 1200 for 5D mk III?

I have one very simple question, will it fit? Maybe with some other lenses? I read some reviews about fitting 60D + some (three) lenses, but the case seems too small to do that. Anyone any experiences? Thoughts? Alternative solutions? :) Background is, I'd like to have some...
  12. cid

wide angle needed

hi gyus, straight to my problem, recently I found I'm missing some nice UWA lens... my requirements are: nice build quality focal length somewhere between 15 - 20mm (the wider the better) AF is not necessary - but at least focus confirmation would be nice sharp price - the lower the better...
  13. cid

Favorite lightroom & photoshop addons

Hi, I was thinking about some nice and useful photoshop & lightroom plugins, addons and presets I think they deserve thread here in post-processing section. :) I personally tried nik collection - very nice for monochrome, but haven't used it much for color shots. here are some sample picture
  14. cid

neoprene cover for 5DmkIII

Hi guys, I'm looking for some nice neoprene cover for 5D mark III (body only) and lenses 24-70 and 70-200 (also separate). What I expect it to have nice fit and to provide layer of padding when my body/lenses is in my bag. Even better would be, if there is some kind of water resistance provided...
  15. cid

5D III delete RAW+JPEG

Last weekend I used for the first time the option to simultaneously record RAW to CF card and JPEG to SD card on my 5D mk. III, it worked as expected however I found one thing when deleting shots I didn't like. After quick review I decided to delete some shots, everything seemed ok, pictures...
  16. cid

crop factor and light (DPR on Equivalence)

I have just read one veeery interesting article with great comparisions on topic light, max aperture, crop factor and ISO and how do they play together what-is-equivalence-and-why-should-i-care (I haven't noticed it being posted here so far)
  17. cid

EDC gear

I was wondering, do you always carry your dlsr with you? Or do you have some portable mirrorless/PoS setup? If yes then please share photos/description of your optimal backpack setup. I would like to get bit inspired what is obsolete and what is necessary and why ::)
  18. cid

learn canon

After reading lot of interesting stuff here and all over the rest of internet I decided to start new twitter account. It's focussed mainly on canon stuff, but there will also be some general photography stuff. My motivation is to share knowledge. Sometimes even experience users (except neuro...
  19. cid

so finally

Yesterday I went to our local shop to get some advice regarding my 60D and some minor scratches (barely visible) in viewfinder. I was bit concerned since I plan to sell it soon and these marks are lowering the resale value. The technician said it's not a reason to replace viewfinder and noted if...
  20. cid

Mountains and city

Hi guys, I'd like to share links to four galleries of photos submitted for festival 'Hory a Mesto' (in translation Mountains and city) organized in Bratislava, Slovakia, devoted to all outdoor enthusiasts. Today I was browsing in these galleries and realized there are lots of great photos nobody...