Search results

1. ksuweh

Screw-on ND filter for 16-35 II

I would rather spend a few extra dollars for a B&W then buy from a company that the workmanship is hit or miss, just like you described with your Haida filters. Buy it once & you don't have the hassle or expense of returning it & getting something to replace it. I'd rather not waste my time or...
  2. ksuweh

Best lens for capturing the Milky Way?

I live in western Kansas & it is the same here for me, I can drive a few miles & basically have very little to no light pollution at all. I have a 5dIII & I love to do Milky Way shots! As you can see in my signature below I have a few fast lenses for that type of photography. I get some good...
  3. ksuweh

Maybe a little off the subject, but I just don't get how someone can spend so much money on a Canon L lens like the 16-35 II & then buy the cheapest filter they can find to put on the lens! I mean I like a great deal just as much as the nest guy, but at what cost to the IQ. The whole point of...
  4. ksuweh

24-105 &/or 24-70

By far the 24-70 f/2.8 version I or II would be better for low light than the 24-105 f/4 IS for objects in motion such as at events. The IS of the 24-105 only helps with stationary objects. The f/2.8 lets in twice as much light as the f/4.0 so that you can either have a shutter speed that is...
  5. ksuweh

Do you carry around a back up? point&shoot/mirrorless/iphone?

Also the new Fuji X20 might be of interest. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/910169-REG/fujifilm_finepix_x20_digital_camera.html
  6. ksuweh

Do you carry around a back up? point&shoot/mirrorless/iphone?

I can't believe all of the guys that fly off the handle and reply to a thread without fully reading the post to begin with!! This thread is a prime example. Xopher wants a camera that he can take where a DSLR isn't allowed or when he doesn't want to lug it around, but he still wants good...
  7. ksuweh

I own the 16-35 II & the B&W 10-stop. However, sadly, I haven't used the 10-stop on the 16-35 yet. :(
  8. ksuweh

T3i - 600EX-RT or Canon Speedlite 580EX II

Congratulations! Glad that I could help you in making that decision! :) Let us know if you have any questions & how you like the new gear!!
  9. ksuweh

Zeiss 135mm f2 Apo Sonnar Preview

If its the Canon mount, the focus confirm in the view finder. The focus confirm does have a bit of latitude in it, I must admit. Wouldn't a micro adjustment fix this? Maybe I'm wrong about that.
  10. ksuweh

Zeiss 135mm f2 Apo Sonnar Preview

I want one! Droll!! Problem is, I want too many new lenses!! LOL!! 8)
  11. ksuweh

24-105 &/or 24-70

My mind is made up! Thanks for all the comments & help! I am going to get ride of the 24-105 & buy a 24-70 MArk II. I have a 24-70 Mark II coming as a CPS loan to try it out in May......I might not even make it to May before I buy one! HAHA
  12. ksuweh

Anyone use Wasabi Power Batteries?

I personally stick with Canon brand batteries. You spend all that $$$ on a camera body & then what if the battery shorts out or something & causes damage to your camera. The extra $$ is WELL worth the peace of mind in my opinion! Just my 2 cents.
  13. ksuweh

24-105 &/or 24-70

Thanks for the replies guys!! I don't do a lot of event work. I do some events on the side (two weddings & receptions in the last year) but this is more of a hobby for me than anything. A really expensive hobby!! :) I honestly do really like this lens. It is also my first FF standard zoom...
  14. ksuweh

24-105 &/or 24-70

I have noticed some of you own both the 24-105 & a version of the 24-70. What is the purpose of having both? I am looking at possibly buying a copy of the EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L II USM but I already have a EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM that I got in my 5DIII kit. If I were to own both the only reason I...
  15. ksuweh

How do you print your photos for those who still do?

Online print houses! There are a lot of reputable sites. I personally use WHCC (White House Custom Color). It helps if you have a calibrated monitor, so that what you see is what you get.
  16. ksuweh

Just got the canon 16-35 ii and having a hard time seeing the value in this uwa

The lens will distort anyone that you take a picture of. Typically a portrait is taken with a lens in the range of 50mm - 200mm, which minimizes distortion. 50mm is equivalent to what you see with your eye. With that being said it doesn't mean that you cant take good pictures or portraits with...
  17. ksuweh

Insurance on camera equipment

+1 I have a policy through these guys as well, except I purchased it through PPA (Professional Photographers of America). Both companies are good to work with. They require anything over $200 I believe to be on the schedule. I pay just under $1.50/$100 of coverage for close to $20k worth of...
  18. ksuweh

Actually the 600EX-RT can be used as a slave or a master. That means is that it can control or be controlled, so you might not ever need a ST-E3-RT & no you would NOT need any PocketWizards. Say you have two 600EX-RTs & one ST-E3-RT. With that setup if you need to use a speedlite on the camera...
  19. ksuweh

Any of the speedlites that you can buy now will work as a slave flash using the built-in IR sensor. However it has its limitations. It doesn't work very well outside on a bright sunny day, it works best indoors, it HAS to have line-of-site with the master flash or controller. If you want to use...
  20. ksuweh

Which RAW processing software do you use?

Are there any others that I missed?