Search results

1. privatebydesign

First R5C videos

2. privatebydesign

Dustin Abbott R3 review video

I know a good few members here like Dustin's reviews and he has just posted a long R3 video.
  3. privatebydesign

Photoshop Enhance, cheaper than a high resolution camera.

So I have been playing with the new feature in Photoshop 'Enhance', it is very impressive for uprezzing detail in images. Here is a comparison of an original 20mp file that has been converted to an 80mp file, the first is the new 'Enhance', the second the best I could do in PS previously to get...
  4. privatebydesign

Another video demonstrating the R5 bad weather capability

So in a thread a few weeks ago I posted a video from Morten Hilmer via YouTube. I pointed out he wasn't a camera tester by any means and he didn't want his channel to go that direction, he is 100% about wildlife photography, videography and audio. But he was recently shooting on a trip with a...
  5. privatebydesign

Forum suggestion: Don’t have likes/dislikes/etc in recent activity

The way I use the forum is I go straight to the recent activity page, the trouble is since the like/dislike/etc buttons have been added that recent activity page is swamped by likes. Sometimes it takes scrolling two or three pages just to see a couple of actual comments. This makes it much more...
  6. privatebydesign

Home lens repairs.

I've had a bad run on lenses recently and decided to try my luck at repairs myself, I guess I am that kind of idiot! First lens is an EF 15mm fisheye. I dropped it and the integral metal petal hood got bent. I did manage to straighten it out but also got a brand new one off eBay, but it has a...
  7. privatebydesign

R5 'Exposure Simulation' behavior with and without hotshoe trigger.

Could an R5 owner confirm the way the Exposure Simulation works when a Canon and an off brand flash trigger are hotshoe mounted? I have been told that when there is a trigger in the hotshoe the Exposure Simulation defaults to 'Enable' which seems very counter intuitive to me because it is when...
  8. privatebydesign

Capture Pro 1 special offer

24 hour only deal at B&H for Capture Pro 1 for $179, thats $120 off! https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1536186-REG/phase_one_88200033_capture_one_pro_download.html
  9. privatebydesign

Eye tracking AF from production R5 camera with downloadable RAW files. Looking good.

Love him or hate him Jared is putting out the content many are interested in. He seems very impressed. The linked RAW files are here. https://froknowsphoto.com/r5eyeaf/
  10. privatebydesign

DPReview Post R5 and R6 in comparison tool

And the result is.... High ISO when normalized they are exactly the same...
  11. privatebydesign

Orange flashing boarder and lost posts

Hi all, on my iPad I get a three sided orange boarder that grows on the screen then retreats. It just does it once every now and again and only on my iPad not my laptop. I wondered if anybody else had this and what, if anything, it means. Also, I have lost literally thousands of posts, I was...
  12. privatebydesign

Canon Software Solution _ Webcam now available for Mac

Title says it all really! I'm downloading it now... Oh, no I'm not, it doesn't work in 10.14 or 10.15 unless you use Chrome... These are all Canon USA links and videos. https://1.shortstack.com/VChq6Z...
  13. privatebydesign

First 1D X III RAW files?

Downloadable RAW files here. https://froknowsphoto.com/1dx3af/
  14. privatebydesign

Photoshop 2020CC, some big improvements for photographers

I know a lot of people hate Adobe, and that's fine for them just move along, but for those that don't it looks like the 2020 update/version has made some very strong improvements for photographers especially for selections and a good few other bits. This video from one of my favorite YouTube...
  15. privatebydesign

Which do you prefer?

So here is a screen shot from two different cameras. I have processed both to be 'optimal', that is not the same processing to both just the best I could do for each. Which do you prefer and are you concerned about the differences?
  16. privatebydesign

Fisheye Hemi: Defishing software V2 out now.

Don't know if anybody else here uses it but I have used Fisheye Hemi as a PS plugin for years to very effectively defish images I shoot with the EF15mm. Well they just came out with a much more powerful V2 that gives those that want it many more controls over how the image is adjusted while...
  17. privatebydesign

Metering values: Have they been changed?

So I mentioned this on another thread but felt it might be interesting, though I freely admit it doesn't have any of the trigger phrases in it, no dynamic range, OVF vs EVF, etc etc. So many of you probably know and understand the way cameras meter and give a value for exposures, for many years...
  18. privatebydesign

Art Morris very vocal move from Canon to Nikon (an update)

So a few months ago I we had a pretty heated thread (it actually spread across several threads) that involved Art Morris’ very vocal and dismissive move from Canon to Nikon because of his perception that the D5 and D850 AF blew the 1DX MkII and 5D MkIV out of the water. He railed against the...
  19. privatebydesign

What do you want in a 5DSR MkII?

I've been mulling over getting a 5DSr since they came out but have always held off thinking just a couple more features would keep me happier for longer. Anyway the primary reason for a high MP camera is I print on a 24" printer regularly so would take the 'hero' shots with one, 24"x36" prints...
  20. privatebydesign

First EOS R RAW files...

Froknowsphoto has uploaded some interesting RAW files from the R. He had to convert them to DNG so we can all play with them but from what I have briefly seen they are nothing to write home about. https://froknowsphoto.com/canon-eos-r-raw-files/ And the accompanying YouTube video.