Search results

1. IgotGASbadDude

Counting down my five favorite Canon digital cameras ever. Coming in at #2…..

1) 1DX Mark II 2) 1DX 3) 5D Mark III 4) 7D 5) AE-1 Program (first camera ever) Ok, I've only owned 5 Canon cameras haha so that's my list. But if I include other brands my Calumet Monorail 4x5 and Yashica Mat 124G would change the list.
  2. IgotGASbadDude

2019 Super Bowl Cameras

Thanks! And it is true, so true.
  3. IgotGASbadDude

2019 Super Bowl Cameras

I check out cameras and lenses on TV and in real life so often my wife now does it, too haha.
  4. IgotGASbadDude

Well, Here's Another Mirrorless Option for Your Canon Glass

OK. When I read this I laughed so hard I think I peed a little . . . ;)
  5. IgotGASbadDude

The forum has to be redone, What needs to stay?

YES! Same exact thing. Start with allow me to un-follow that bird thread I mistakenly posted in . . .
  6. IgotGASbadDude

What were your first Canons? Analog and or digital?

September 1982, took my entire first full time paycheck and bought an AE-1 program. Loved it! 1st digital was a Nikon Coolpix 8700 in (I think 2004). Hated it! Didn't touch digital until 2012 (ish). Got a 7D, then a 5DIII, then the 1DX, and now the 1DX II !!! I even purchased a 1V-HS--thought...
  7. IgotGASbadDude

Stepping up to 1DX or 5D IV

WOW! That's a steal. I'd never let mine go for that amount. +1,000,000. I even sold my 5D3 since it was just collecting dust. Now my 1DX II is my main camera and my 1DX is the secondary rig.
  8. IgotGASbadDude

Stock Notice: Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III at B&H Photo

Man I loved my 16-35 II. Had to part with it to get a 1DX. Can't wait for my new version III to come in! Could have used it this week (Homecoming events) but at least I'll have it for the Halloween events!
  9. IgotGASbadDude

Concert Goers - No Professional Camera - What does that mean???

My favorite concert was the Within Temptation show I saw in November 2014. They are hands down my favorite band and I was determined to try and get my 5D3 in. Turned out they just took my ticket and didn't even look at the backpack I had on. I shot the show for probably 4/5 of the concert when...
  10. IgotGASbadDude

I've shot concerts with a 5D3, 1DX and my new 1DX II. 3 years ago I shot a concert with an iPhone 5 (no photo permission) and printed a 16x20 that I have framed on my wall. Now the quality isn't the same but even THAT camera put out usable quality. Depending on the lighting, today's cell phones...
  11. IgotGASbadDude

I purchased the G1X Mark II just for the purpose of using it at concerts where I didn't have permission to use a DSLR. I got it in the first concert by holding it upside down by the lens (it appeared to be a phone) but as soon as I brought it out in the show I was made to put it away. So much...
  12. IgotGASbadDude

EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III & EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USD Pricing

Re: EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III & EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USD Pricing Incorrect. The word "Canon" is not the reason for the price of "L" lenses. It's for the honor of having that pretty red stripe that identifies the user as being "a professional". ::)
  13. IgotGASbadDude

Confirmation of Upcoming Product Announcements

You just described me. ;D Already sold my Sigma 24mm Art lens (that BTW, I loved) in preparation for this lens. Had the II version and loved it, but had to give it up to get a 1DX. Can't wait to get back to this lens!
  14. IgotGASbadDude

1DX Mark II having issues with the Sigma 50 1.4 Art lens

Here's the error message I'm getting with my next 1DX MII. I've used a Sigma Art 24 and a Canon 135 F2 and I keep getting this message. I'm set up to record RAW files on the CFast card. These files copy through Explorer but show up as "missing" when I try to open them in Photoshop through DPP 4...
  15. IgotGASbadDude

1Dx mk2 B&H order status

Out of curiosity, when did you pre-order?
  16. IgotGASbadDude

1Dx mk2 B&H order status

Just got off the phone with B&H. Mine is shipping today. Won't get here until Friday (darn that NY to Colorado shipping distance.) But at least according to what he said, I should "have it by the end of the day Friday". ;D Edit: confirmed as "SHIPPED!" yeah baby. Friday can't get here soon enough.
  17. IgotGASbadDude

1Dx mk2 B&H order status

I pre-ordered a couple of hours after they opened on 2/2/16. My status is showing the exact same as yours . . . ;D
  18. IgotGASbadDude

SLR grip for iPhone

LOL quote of the day. 8) ;D
  19. IgotGASbadDude

Water Sports

I like this shot :)