Search results

1. koenkooi

Canon EOS R1 Specifications [CR2]

DDR4 at 2166MT/s gets 54Gb/s easily in real life (had to measure that at work last week) and cfe 4.0 type B support 32gbit/s before overhead, so buffer clearing should be quite fast as well. I suspect the digic has the sensor DMA its data straight to RAM, so the sensor speed is likely the...
  2. koenkooi

Upcoming 2024 Canon RF lens recap

I bought an R7 through Panamoz last month and that was a great experience. No hidden fees and the HK->NL transit took about a week, with working tracking all the way.
  3. koenkooi

A fourth unreleased Canon camera has appeared for certification

It is! The amount of sugar varies, but it will be sweet regardless :)
  4. koenkooi

Canon Patent Application: Camera with Internal Tilt Movement

The R7 has a feature where it will keep the sensor level when you have the camera at an angle. It has a few, IMO, stupid restrictions like forcing fully mechanical shutter, but it works quite well to combat my pretty consistent 1 degree slant :) But the R6II and R3 lack that feature, which makes...
  5. koenkooi

Canon Patent Application: Another APS-C Dual Fisheye

@Richard CR Canon did show 2 different VR lenses mounted to R7 bodies at CES 2024, one looked like a non-L version of the existing dual fisheye, the other like an regular lens with 2 tiny lenses inside. A screencap from Hugh Hou's video:
  6. koenkooi

Canon 1st Quarter 2024 Financials

Don't forget about Sony moving the camera department to a different business unit every year to make year-over-year tracking impossible!
  7. koenkooi

10-15 years ago it was ‘common knowledge’ in the interwebs that the bottleneck was growing the fluorite crystals. I don’t know if that was actually the case, but people liked to say it :) Anyway, I hope the gap between announcement and shipping is ‘days’, not ‘weeks’ or ‘months’ and that the...
  8. koenkooi

But the 100D had better specs than other bodies, it ticked all the boxes for me when I wanted something smaller than my 7D, but with faster AF than my M. The 100D was a lot of camera for its size and price. And it had a touchscreen :)
  9. koenkooi

Which, in some way, is good news for Canon: they are selling every copy of those lenses that gets produced.
  10. koenkooi

The day the Canon Grinch stole the OS/VC

AFAICT only the R7 has IBIS when it comes to Canon RF bodies with APS-C sensors.
  11. koenkooi

I really hope that the rumoured Q2 announcements actually ship in Q2 as well, but that will be very tight with the predicted end-of-May announcement date. That’s not even considering the ‘usual’ supply chain issues Canon has been showing where the first batch is relatively small and the big...
  12. koenkooi

The first SIGMA RF lens arrives in July, more in Q4 of 2024

I think I detect some sarcasm :) The Sigma 30mm is a full centimeter wider (72mm) than the EF-M one (61mm), but roughly the same length. So that's a good 'replacement' for EF-M people going to RF. The Sigma 23mm however, is a lot longer than the EF-M 22mm, which puts it, for me, in a very...
  13. koenkooi

I really hope that gets fixed in future bodies!
  14. koenkooi

Does the R50 get power over USB in UVC mode? My R8 doesn’t :( When using a capture card plus USB it will get power, and even charge the battery! But that’s a lot more cabling and hassle.
  15. koenkooi

TAMRON announces development of first CANON RF mount lens

If only I had an extra $26k lying around! Their cameras would be great for high speed macro work (dragonflies!) combined with the 180L.
  16. koenkooi

The original source said €2000 according to @ordinaryfilmmaker, hopefully that includes tax already.
  17. koenkooi

Since the RF50 f/1.8 is already €230, I wouldn't have expected the f/1.4 version to be below €1000, especially considering the Sony f/1.4 GM is €1700. I would have guessed €1300.
  18. koenkooi

A fourth unreleased Canon camera has appeared for certification

I've like to have open-gate for extra stabilization headroom in post, I'm not steady handed and macro distances make that even worse.
  19. koenkooi

Canon RF 24mm f/1.4L USM and RF 50mm f/1.4L USM coming in Q4 as part of a "hybrid family" of L prime lenses

I'm too cynical to read "supports focus breathing correction" into that. The RF24-105 f/4L also has everything mentioned in the above screenshot, but lacks focus breathing correction.
  20. koenkooi

I do find the prospect of having both the EF-M 56mm f/1.4 and the RF(-S) 56mm f/1.4 a bit extra ;)