Search results

1. K

28mm pancake areived

My 28mm pancake arrived today. This is not a lens I wanted, but given Canon’s inability to make the basics and give us a few f2 primes and 50 1.4, maybe it will hold me over until they get their axt together. I have only had a few hours with it but, It seems pretty sharp and focus is ok...
  2. K

Flare issues with 70-200 f4

Today I was shooting an event and placed my hand out over the hood of the 70-200 f4 to cut the lens flare from the slightly back lit scene. A buddy who was there shooting with the Sony A9 and the 70-200 f4 asked why? I took his camera and from the very same spot, he had no flare. I checked mine...
  3. K

new out of the box and issues with 600 EXll RT

The flash tube on one of my older 480ll flashes blew, the flash has been deemed to old to repair by Canon so today I picked up a brand new 600EX 11 RT flash. For the life of me I can not get my version one ST-E3-RT to fire it in slave mode. Works like a charm on camera, but the slave aspect is...
  4. K

Brand new 600EX ll RT issues

moved this to the right spot, sorry!
  5. K

Total Frustration with R5 video and exposure compensation

Am I missing something in settings? Is there a way to lock exposure comp from clip to clip? Currently if I leave the camera on AV, and dial down 2/3 of stop, the second I end that clip it resets back to 0. I used one camera as the main on a tripod and then wandered and shot dozens of short B...
  6. K

70-200 f4, finally arrived

My shop called to tell me the 70-200 f4 had finally arrived in their hands, a few hours before the start of the NHL game. Just enough time to take it for its first walk in the park so to speak. An 80 dollar parking ticket for an expired meter, by 6 minutes, outside the shop (because Montreal...
  7. K

85 RF STM in

The RF 85mm stm arrived today. Only some half hearten tests so far, but seems very good. Sharp and fast auto focus, but why does Canon always find a way to screw something up or to piss off the buyer? 1) at 850 dollars CDN, the lens hood is an option. I get it for a 200 lens, but at 850, throw...
  8. K

R5 small green dot to comfirm focus dropped?

On the 5d 4, there was a small green dot to confirm focus when in single shot mode, am I going blind or was this dropped with the R5? It makes no sense they would do away with it, so I am assuming I missed it in settings? thanks,
  9. K

Delete on both cards not possible? R5

Has anyone found how to delete an image on both SD and CFExpress with one delete? It only seems to delete from the card that is set to preview the images, which is a massive PIA. obviously, writing RAW to CFexpress and Jpeg to SD Thanks,
  10. K

1Dx mk2 arrived

Two 1Dx mk 2 arrived today. Unreal high ISO performance and fast as hell. For those of us who need SD cards at times, save your cash, the DeLock CFast to SD card adapter is not compatible at this time. Hopefully in some future firmware update that will get fixed.