Search results

1. Pascal Parvex

The Canon EOS ‘R5s’ may be in the hands of testers [CR2]

I wonder what happened to the 120 megapixel (and 250 Megapixel) sensor. I know, APS-H, but the 5Ds line had the full 50 megapixel of the prototype APS-H.
  2. Pascal Parvex

Rumored RF mount Cinema camera specifications [CR2]

First, reframing. Second, my new 8K LG Nanocell TV.
  3. Pascal Parvex

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III technical white papers released

Did not read the whole thread, but is it known in which modes DPAF can be used?
  4. Pascal Parvex

Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III specifications

They have an one inch sensor with DPAF from their video cameras.
  5. Pascal Parvex

The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III is finally on the way

Either they had massive problems in developing a Mark III, or the Mark II was a strong seller for all these years. I mean, the Mark II is really old for a compact camera. DPAF it must have.
  6. Pascal Parvex

Is the Canon EOS C500 Mark II finally coming in 2019? [CR1]

The C500 Mark II would have to be 8K, just as the Mark I was the first 4K cinema camera from Canon. I also dream of an follow up to the 1D C, maybe something based on the EOS R Pro model. This is _Canon_rumors...the Sony equivalent is somewhere else.
  7. Pascal Parvex

How much to sell a 1 year old used 5d IV body?

First of all, you should be aware if you talk about USD or CAD. So 3000 CAD seems quite good, used ones here in Switzerland cost down to 2100 CHF, without flying off the shelves. Also, the EOS R is directly aimed at 5D users, so don't wait too long to sell it, as long as the price is there.
  8. Pascal Parvex

Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III should arrive in early 2019

Canon already has a one-inch image sensor with DPAF ready, the one used in their newer video cameras of the 4 and 7 range.
  9. Pascal Parvex

It’s finally happening, the PowerShot SX70 HS is next to be announced

It will most probably use the new Digic 8 and offer UHD video. Keeps being seen if it will go over 100x zoom.
  10. Pascal Parvex

A Minor Update on Canon's Plans for NAB 2018

I thought that a 6K C500 Mark II would make no sense, especially when they have had their 8K prototype for almost half a decade now. And with 6K, it would aim at the C700 crowd, who would not bother to switch, as there is not enought additional resolution to gain. My bet is that the C500 Mark...
  11. Pascal Parvex

More G Series PowerShot Cameras Coming for CES in January [CR2]

Canon already has this covered, it is the G3 X. The SX70 line on the other hand is not about image quality, but about the most zoom they possibly can cram in a compact, so they use the smallest sensors reasonable to ease reaching this goal. The Nikon P900 presumably uses a very small sensor...
  12. Pascal Parvex

New DSLR Series Coming in 2018? [CR1]

I know. I meant that those APS-H prototypes will end up als Full Frame Sensors in the 5Ds Mark II and III. The prototypes are APS-H because this is the size that is easiest for Canon to produce.
  13. Pascal Parvex

New DSLR Series Coming in 2018? [CR1]

The presented APS-H prototype sensors with 120 and 250 Megapixels will most probably end up in the 5Ds Mark II und III. An 7D Mark III is rumored to come early 2018. It is also said that it will be the first crop DSLR with 4K video. Cinema EOS: Canon wants to be ready for the 8K 2020 Olympics...
  14. Pascal Parvex

Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II Talk [CR2]

I can't think for a reason for Canon to release a midres camera. 8K or bust. They want to be ready for 8K for the 2020 Olympics, there is no room there for a 6K camera. The C200 is more of an answer to the FS7. While the Mark II of the FS7 costs the same as the C300 Mark II now.
  15. Pascal Parvex

Cheap CFast 2.0 Cards

No, they are not related.
  16. Pascal Parvex

Canon EOS M5 can't compete with competition?

The M5 was presented in the Swiss Sunday paper "Sonntagszeitung". Two points I took away: autofocus too slow image quality can't hold up with competition, as there is too much noise from ISO 1600 on upwards This is not really true, right? Right!?
  17. Pascal Parvex

Cheap CFast 2.0 Cards

FPS stands for frames per second. P stands for progressive footage, i for interlaced. The latter is more or less no longer used.
  18. Pascal Parvex

1dc 2

Re: 1D C Mark II Canon wants to be ready with 8K for the 2020 Olympics. So we will see at least one 8K camera until then and maybe even an 1D C Mark II with 8K, which I really hope for. It also looks like the C700 will be upgradable to an 8K sensor.
  19. Pascal Parvex

Any chance for a 7D Mark 'II+'?

Firmware update What Canon could do is some Firmware update love. I once stated, that they will add 4K to the 7DII, to stay competitive with the D500 from Nikon. It has Dual Digic 6 processors, so the raw power is there. 4K recordings would be limited to five minute clips as on the D500, to...
  20. Pascal Parvex

New Rebel DSLR Coming for CES in January [CR2]

I also expect a SL2, as the T6/s is way to new. I also suppose it won't have 4K, as this will most probably be reserved for the 7D Mark III. I once claimed that the 7D Mark II will get a 4K firmware update to match the Nikon D500, as it won't be replaced for a further few years. But Canon has...