600D vs 100D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a good response to the mirrorless competition. It's not much bigger than the EOS-M and it retains full functionality of a Rebel including phase-detection AF. Stick a EF 40mm pancake, and you have a small walk-around or street camera or use it as a backup to a larger camera. It won't take up much space in the camera bag.

I think this is true evolution of the Rebel line, not the T5i. It retains the physical controls that we are used to and are more efficient than menus. Canon is probably using this to gage how well the public will accept the smaller form factor for future Rebels. Now the Rebel is positioned better to compete with future micro 4/3rds systems. Why design another line of lenses (EF, EF-S, EF-M)? Play to Canon's strength: its breadth and depth of EF lenses.

Upvote 0
Random Orbits said:
transpo1 said:
Anyone have any idea how the SL1will stack up against the 5Dii / iii in low light? I'm a 5Dii owner and want to know if I can get decent high ISO out of it as a backup camera...

Probably about the same as how the 4Ti does now.

Probably the same as the T3i, T2i, 60D, 7D... all have basically the same sensor technology.

Upvote 0

caMARYnon

EOS R
Mar 23, 2011
Random Orbits said:
I think this is a good response to the mirrorless competition. It's not much bigger than the EOS-M and it retains full functionality of a Rebel including phase-detection AF. Stick a EF 40mm pancake, and you have a small walk-around or street camera or use it as a backup to a larger camera. It won't take up much space in the camera bag.

I think this is true evolution of the Rebel line, not the T5i. It retains the physical controls that we are used to and are more efficient than menus. Canon is probably using this to gage how well the public will accept the smaller form factor for future Rebels. Now the Rebel is positioned better to compete with future micro 4/3rds systems. Why design another line of lenses (EF, EF-S, EF-M)? Play to Canon's strength: its breadth and depth of EF lenses.
I have the same opinion

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.