Adorama is selling 5d3 for $2745 on eBay now

Status
Not open for further replies.
dexstrose said:
shannon76 said:
dexstrose said:
i'm so tempted to pull the trigger. Whats even better, its from a store i purchase stuff from without problems. Now, i just have to sneak it by the wife. :-\
I see you have the same problem as me. :-\

whats sad/funny for me, i tell her about how much i save, she just gives me that look. damn, i can't win. :'(

I see you both have the same problem I have =) and no... the " but babe, I'm saving X amount of $" argument doesn't work with her either!

Upvote 0
P

PabloHoneySF

JasonATL said:
Doh! After waiting to talk to my wife about it and her definitely approving of it, I went to order it... and it is now sold out! :'(

As soon as I saw the post and checked it out, I had to sit patiently and wait for my husband to return from an errand. I pretty much jumped on him like an overeager labrador as soon as he walked through the door to see if I could go ahead with it and he had the nerve to say that he had to "think about it"... thus walking to his "office" aka, the bathroom.

After standing outside outside the door tapping my foot, I just decided to make an executive decision and go for it.

After he came out, 20 minutes later- I might add-, he said "Sweetie, I know you've been wanting this for a few years now, why don't you go ahead?"

I just smiled and said "Thank you" ;)

Sorry you missed out this time around JasonATL, at least you know you have permission for the next time :)

Upvote 0
K

Kliphten

killswitch said:
Hey, any of you used their Bill Me Later payment method? I could be wrong but it says in the payment section that even through Bill Me Later, you have to pay in full (the full amount of $2700+) at the time of purchase. Or am I reading it wrong? :/

Sigh, it seems that offer is over now.

For future reference, you do not have to pay the full amount at time of purchase when checking out with Bill Me Later. The purpose of Bill Me Later is to let you pay later. Sounds like you didn't put an order because you didn't know for sure which is a total bummer. Hopefully another deal comes along and you can pick yourself up one.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
robbymack said:
Honestly this has more to do with the Jewish holiday. Adorama probably doesn't sell much between now and Tuesday night anyways they boost sales with this deal and don't offend canon because it's sold through their eBay store.
Since Adorama does not close online sales over the Jewish holidays, how do you figure they make any difference?? B&H closes, but not Adorama.

Upvote 0
Mt Spokane Photography said:
Just got my tracking number. It will likely be picked up tomorrow though. I guess the Adorama guys are all working hard today trying to fill those orders.

Same. Crazy that they processed so many so swiftly. I was in the 600 range with my order. Now I get to watch the announcements tomorrow and see if I'm going to keep this body or sell it.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
robbymack said:
Honestly this has more to do with the Jewish holiday. Adorama probably doesn't sell much between now and Tuesday night anyways they boost sales with this deal and don't offend canon because it's sold through their eBay store.
Since Adorama does not close over the Jewish holidays, how do you figure they make any difference?? B&H closes, but not Adorama.

From the Adorama website:
Holiday Closing Schedule

The Adorama Retail Store will be closed during the following days

Rosh Hashanah Holiday we will close on Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 3:00pm and will reopen on Wednesday September 19, at 9:00 am
Yom Kippur Holiday we will close on Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 1:00pm and will reopen on Thursday September 27, at 9:00 am
Sukkoth Holiday we will close on Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:00pm and will reopen on Wednesday October 10, at 9:00 am

We sincerely appreciate your understanding and thank you for your business.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
unfocused said:
robbymack said:
Since Adorama does not close over the Jewish holidays, how do you figure they make any difference?? B&H closes, but not Adorama.

From the Adorama website:
Holiday Closing Schedule

The Adorama Retail Store will be closed during the following days

Rosh Hashanah Holiday we will close on Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 3:00pm and will reopen on Wednesday September 19, at 9:00 am
Yom Kippur Holiday we will close on Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 1:00pm and will reopen on Thursday September 27, at 9:00 am
Sukkoth Holiday we will close on Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:00pm and will reopen on Wednesday October 10, at 9:00 am

We sincerely appreciate your understanding and thank you for your business.
Yes, the retail store closes, but not their online store. B&H shuts down the online sales too, but not Adorama. Online is where most of their sales happen.

Upvote 0
L

Luciano Nova

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.