Beautiful sunsets

DominoDude

Certified photon catcher
Feb 7, 2013
::1
Jack Douglas said:
DominoDude, that's a nice shot/perspective. I find myself wishing the grass were a little more dominant.

Jack

Thanks, Jack!
I see your point. As I remember it I was heading back to my car and didn't put a lot of thinking behind the composition. The straw grabbed my intention and gave me a point of focus, but my main interest was what kind of colours can I squeeze out of it if I underexpose a little. Afterwards I always get second thoughts and have hard time figuring out how to re-frame and crop a shot like this to make it interesting. I agree that it wouldn't hurt with a subject that were more dominant.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
DominoDude, I offer my opinion as a person lacking any training in photography and in a sense it's just me wondering, primarily for my need to improve, what might help. I like to hear what others think is right or wrong in my photos too and it's great when we can all share without feeling threatened. Keep up the good work.

Jack

Upvote 0

DominoDude

Certified photon catcher
Feb 7, 2013
::1
Jack Douglas said:
DominoDude, I offer my opinion as a person lacking any training in photography and in a sense it's just me wondering, primarily for my need to improve, what might help. I like to hear what others think is right or wrong in my photos too and it's great when we can all share without feeling threatened. Keep up the good work.

Jack
Exactly. We share, we grow and we get inspired.

Upvote 0