BCN 2024 Awards for the Calendar 2023 year

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
BCN has released its 2024 awards for the annual year of 2023. BCN represents a good section of the Japan regional sales, giving us a look into the domestic pulse of the camera industry. Please make no mistake about it, these companies have a lot of pride and want to do well in the domestic

See full article...

Reactions: 1 user
Sep 20, 2020
I think price has a lot to do with it. Olympus has a lot of cheap cameras they sell off into the Japan market.

Nikon just sadly seems lost these days. I say that as a long time Canon fanboy. Always liked having a strong competitor in Nikon. As long as they finished second ;)
Sony is the new Nikon.
At least the Z 8 seems to be doing well.

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
BCN has released its 2024 awards for the annual year of 2023.
Mirrorless Camera category
  1. Sony (34% share)
  2. Canon (28.3% share)
  3. OM Digital (12.5% share)
Will be interesting how this part of the market will change in 2024 with R10, R50 and R100 released...
But of course these numbers and Sony at #1 show that Canon is d... no, I won't say it ;)

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Will be interesting how this part of the market will change in 2024 with R10, R50 and R100 released...
But of course these numbers and Sony at #1 show that Canon is d... no, I won't say it ;)
Canon *cough* must release an M300 to avert the doooooooooooooooooom!

I suspect a digic X powered M300 with a 15-45 kit lens would still sell very well in 2024. I’m very curious what Canon has in store for that type of form factor in the RF mount. The R8+28mm is very pocketable, but it is enormous compared to the M+22mm.

IMG_4718.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I think price has a lot to do with it. Olympus has a lot of cheap cameras they sell off into the Japan market.

Nikon just sadly seems lost these days. I say that as a long time Canon fanboy. Always liked having a strong competitor in Nikon. As long as they finished second ;)
IMO Nikon has some better lenses. Especially in the telephoto category. And in the midrange category.

But canon has a much better portfolio of camera bodies. The AF with canon bodies has been exemplary, from what I’ve used.

That’s a gross oversimplification. But it’s been my experience from trying a smattering of stuff across both sides of the aisle.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0