Canon EOS M6 Coming This Month.

neuroanatomist said:
ahsanford said:
...straight down 'viewfinder' shooting a ways back:

Reminds me of my first camera:

argus_super_75_with_flash.jpg

Hi Neuro,

This reminds me of my first camera, which I got in 1947. A twin lens reflex but without parallax compensation, perhaps even without distance setting (?). No flash. That is all I remember. I still have a few pictures taken with that camera, my little brothers playing in a grass field in Java, the Jain temple in Calcutta (both in 1954, shortly before I lost the camera somehow). It was American built. Any idea which brand it could have been?
Kind regards,
Freddy.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
RobPan said:
This reminds me of my first camera, which I got in 1947. A twin lens reflex but without parallax compensation, perhaps even without distance setting (?). No flash. That is all I remember. I still have a few pictures taken with that camera, my little brothers playing in a grass field in Java, the Jain temple in Calcutta (both in 1954, shortly before I lost the camera somehow). It was American built. Any idea which brand it could have been?

Sorry, no idea. :(

Lovely memories, though!

Upvote 0

Fleetie

Watching for pigs on the wing
Nov 22, 2010
Manchester, UK
www.facebook.com
RobPan said:
neuroanatomist said:
ahsanford said:
Hi Neuro,

Kind regards,
Freddy.
Posts like this one make me happy!
Thank-you!

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
neuroanatomist said:
RobPan said:

Sorry, no idea. :(

Lovely memories, though!

Maybe a process of elimination might help.

Do any of these ring a bell Argus, Graflex, Craftex or Royce? They are all US 40's/50's TLR manufacturers.

Argus for sure made a very basic model with no parallax or distance markers. I think it was made of a Bakelite type composite with a silver front.

P.S. Just found this picture of the Argus 40.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 10.45.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 10.45.07 AM.png
    426.9 KB · Views: 1,100
Upvote 0
Jan 21, 2011
HaroldC3 said:
It will be nothing dramatic. M3 with m5 sensor is probably all and that will be enough for most.

The question I have about the EOS M is when Canon will address the vignetting issues which appear to be worse on the M series, because it appears that Canon's sensors are not good at handling light coming in from such an oblique angle.

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
gmrza said:
HaroldC3 said:
It will be nothing dramatic. M3 with m5 sensor is probably all and that will be enough for most.

The question I have about the EOS M is when Canon will address the vignetting issues which appear to be worse on the M series, because it appears that Canon's sensors are not good at handling light coming in from such an oblique angle.

Do folks buying APS-C mirrorless care that much about vignetting? And for those that do care, can they not solve the problem with EF glass on an adaptor?

- A

Upvote 0
ahsanford said:
gmrza said:
HaroldC3 said:

Do folks buying APS-C mirrorless care that much about vignetting? And for those that do care, can they not solve the problem with EF glass on an adaptor?

- A

It's never bothered me. I usually correct it in post and manually reapply it.

Upvote 0

josephandrews222

Square Sensors + AI = Better Images
Jul 12, 2013
Midwest United States
neuroanatomist said:
ahsanford said:

Reminds me of my first camera:

argus_super_75_with_flash.jpg

My first camera was a Kodak Instamatic 44 (shutter speed static at 1/50 s; fixed focus 43mm; f11)

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Kodak_Instamatic_44

It used flash cubes!

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
gmrza said:
HaroldC3 said:

vignetting isn't that bad, the color cast on the M3 was, not sure if it was improved on the M5, but on one seems to mention a color cast on the M5.

Upvote 0
Is it possible following site has photos of a real M6? Date is recent, but not sure how old is that. Well, as for me, I don't like leather nor old rangefinder look. Well, maybe it just needs to grow on me, but so far I like design of M10 or G7X, combined with Red rings here or there more ...

http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/first-images-new-canon-eos-m6/

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
-pekr- said:
Is it possible following site has photos of a real M6? Date is recent, but not sure how old is that. Well, as for me, I don't like leather nor old rangefinder look. Well, maybe it just needs to grow on me, but so far I like design of M10 or G7X, combined with Red rings here or there more ...

http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/first-images-new-canon-eos-m6/

Yep. Nokishi.ta leaked everything last night, and then Digicame did the same. A new thread is going over the details now. We only have pictures so far, but it looks a lot the M3 size-wise. (See the CR homepage)

- A

Upvote 0