Flowers and other Flora

Ive been pretty busy with work, so I haven't been able to go out and take pictures lately. Yesterday I purchased some roses for the wife, and decided I would try out my newly purchased 100L before she got home to see them.

Attachments

• 5D3_9889 copy.jpg
    5D3_9889 copy.jpg
    502.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 5D3_9894.jpg
    5D3_9894.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 5D3_9899.jpg
    5D3_9899.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
Ryananthony said:
Ive been pretty busy with work, so I haven't been able to go out and take pictures lately. Yesterday I purchased some roses for the wife, and decided I would try out my newly purchased 100L before she got home to see them.
Nice shots, Ryananthony. When converted into black and white pictures, they look quite abstract.

Upvote 0
Jack Douglas said:
Click said:
Nice. Well done, npdien. :)

Yes, very nice. It's provoking a question in my thought process regarding how to approach that kind of shot. Does it matter if the background (sky) is blown out to featureless/colorless white?

Jack

Hi Jack, The background can also be the sky or the ground. In the above picture, I was interested in taking the sky as the background that was too bright and blown out to become white in the picture because I wanted to avoid a busy and distracting background.

Thanks, Jack and Click.

Thanks

Attachments

• _MG_4546s.png
    _MG_4546s.png
    597.3 KB · Views: 334
Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi rpt.
Absolutely lovely, ?gunning? stunning detail and a lovely colour.

Cheers, Graham.

rpt said:
The Canna plant on the terrace flowered and I used the Focus Stacking feature in Magic Lantern that I have on my 5D3 and stacked 29 images to get this one. I used LR for the edit and PS to stack (blend).

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
Valvebounce said:
Hi rpt.
Absolutely lovely, gunning detail and a lovely colour.

Cheers, Graham.

rpt said:
The Canna plant on the terrace flowered and I used the Focus Stacking feature in Magic Lantern that I have on my 5D3 and stacked 29 images to get this one. I used LR for the edit and PS to stack (blend).
Thanks. This flower has made my day!

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
lion rock said:
rpt,
Excellent shots and stacking.
-r

rpt said:
Thanks. It is a breeze with ML and Adobe. This flower made my day today :)

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Click said:
rpt said:

Lovely. Well done, rpt.

Add me to the list but no need to reply. ;)

Jack

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
lion rock said:
I wish I had my macro 100LII with me.
Shot with 24-70LII.
-r

Hey Riley! Very nice - you almost tricked me on the mantis. We don't have them here.

In fact we don't have anything much here except snow and grey cloudy skies!! :'(

However, the big reds are back, maybe new ones, it's hard to tell. Snow spells harder times ahead for the critters.

Jack

Upvote 0
Thanks Jack.
The mantis was a bigger one. I used to get one from someone's home every summer as a pet, but found out that they could catch hummingbird, so i quit playing with them, though, as an insect, they are quite gorgeous.
Hope you're not having too much snow yet. We have quite a mild time yet.
Happy you're getting the red heads again. I hear them here, still don't see them. I saw a flock of turkeys a week ago and heard them again this morning.
I have a number of photos I took from my recent trip to eastern VA., I'd be posting them in other threads. Look out for them
-r

Jack Douglas said:
lion rock said:
I wish I had my macro 100LII with me.
Shot with 24-70LII.
-r

Hey Riley! Very nice - you almost tricked me on the mantis. We don't have them here.

In fact we don't have anything much here except snow and grey cloudy skies!! :'(

However, the big reds are back, maybe new ones, it's hard to tell. Snow spells harder times ahead for the critters.

Jack

Upvote 0
Jack Douglas said:
Thanks Dien. I guess what I was wondering was it being totally featureless like a sheet of white paper vs, having some bokeh kind of effect with maybe a hint of blue or ?? Of course we don't want distractions.

Jack
Here is another high-key photo using the sky as background, Jack.

28208802424_a93f3128be_c.jpg

Upvote 0