German laws - new European "General Data Protection Regulation" (GDPR, DSGVO)

Re: German laws - new German "Basic Data Protection Ordinance" (DSGVO)

Maximilian: Thanks for providing these compact and very readable pieces of information!

I searched for my 1000x filter and if I want to take photographs of something surrounded by lots of people I will use that filter to blurr the people away for the case I want to use that photo on my home page!

Maximilian said:
[...]

BUT:
If you constantly film a scene in case a crime could happen (e.g. car dash cam) this again is forbidden.
As far as I know there is some gray zone: If the camera films constantly but stores only the last e.g. 10 minutes a dashcam system is accepted - and the video material can be used in a trial as body of evidence.

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Re: German laws - new German "Basic Data Protection Ordinance" (DSGVO)

mb66energy said:
Maximilian: Thanks for providing these compact and very readable pieces of information!
You're welcome.

Maximilian said:
[...]
BUT:
If you constantly film a scene in case a crime could happen (e.g. car dash cam) this again is forbidden.
As far as I know there is some gray zone: If the camera films constantly but stores only the last e.g. 10 minutes a dashcam system is accepted - and the video material can be used in a trial as body of evidence.
This system (with storing only the last few minutes) is not finally decided by the highest courts.
With other systems that constantly films and stores you commit a crime but you are also allowed to use it as commit a crime. ::) ::) ::)
Funny lawmakers, funny lawyers, funny judges.