Learn More about Dodging and Burning

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MikeHunt

RedEye said:
Does anyone know of any resources which can help me learn more about dodging and burning? This seems to be part of the formula for sucess in the discerning eyes of timeless photographers and I would an opportunity to learn more about the correct use of these processes. Note, I do most of my PP on Lightroom3.

Thanks!

Don't know too much about LR3 as I use Photoshop CS5.1 Extended. Although I have got a copy of a video tutorial called "High End Techniques" with an entire section entitled Part 3 The Art of Dodge & Burn (Part 3 of 3) check out their website:

http://www.digitalphotoshopretouching.com/order-retouching-dvd/retouching-tutorials-dvd-3

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
RedEye said:
Does anyone know of any resources which can help me learn more about dodging and burning? This seems to be part of the formula for sucess in the discerning eyes of timeless photographers and I would an opportunity to learn more about the correct use of these processes. Note, I do most of my PP on Lightroom3.

Thanks!

I'd get a good LR 4 book. Its a easy technique, and most of the time there is no need to use photoshop since you can have multiple layers in lightroom as well. A wacom tablet can be a handy tool for dodging or burning as well.

Upvote 0
R

RedEye

MikeHunt said:
RedEye said:

Thanks!

Don't know too much about LR3 as I use Photoshop CS5.1 Extended. Although I have got a copy of a video tutorial called "High End Techniques" with an entire section entitled Part 3 The Art of Dodge & Burn (Part 3 of 3) check out their website:

http://www.digitalphotoshopretouching.com/order-retouching-dvd/retouching-tutorials-dvd-3

Thanks for the link. Along this avenue what I'm after is not so much instruction for software user interface, but rather a more academic study of the arts of dodging and burning, from a philosophical and artistic perspective, studying the great masters, A. Adams for instance. Thanks for the help, appreciate it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.