Show your Bird Portraits

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Jack.
Excellent shot. The noise looks ok so whatever you do works.

Cheers, Graham.

Jack Douglas said:
Another "landing" shot that I don't think I posted back in August ... oh I wish ite were August again. There were only a few days where these guys took over the pond. It's a pretty heavy crop so I had to fiddle with the noise reduction.

Jack

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Hi Graham,
"..like Coca Cola or Pepsi" :)- I see it the same way.
Well, I tried twice to post pictures after my last message:
+ Attachments and other options"
Attachment - add picture
More attachments and so far (in the size limits that are written there clearly).
Preview: I see my message and the windows of the 4 attachments I tried.
Post... and nothing happens :-\

It seems I have to post more actively (do you guys have some not identified birds to post ;D)!

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Hi Wiebe,
I would try to help with the identification no matter of the ability to post pictures (obviously I can post texts 8)). Just keep in mind - shorebirds :), in generally no matter from where they are coming and in the limits of my knowledge! Concerning the other groups of birds - I could be more useful for the European birds (yeah, I'm European with only 15 years of experience in Hawaii :).

Upvote 0
ISv said:
Hi Graham,
Attachment - add picture
More attachments and so far (in the size limits that are written there clearly).

It seems I have to post more actively (do you guys have some not identified birds to post ;D)!

Hi ISv,
I'm not sure about the number of posts required; I could post images before reaching my 10th post, and there is no required "Canon" field in the registration ;)
Seems to me there is a different reason why you can't upload images ... :( - however can't think of a good reason / root-cause

Btw., how does a Euro-molecular biologist end up on Hawaii? ;D

Wiebe.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Wiebe.
When I started there were few restrictions, I think you could start a thread and post images within a couple of posts, since then there have been more restrictions placed to try to stop spamming and other undesirable posts and the restrictions seem to be changed in response to problems as they arise. Of course there is always a possibility of a different problem.

Hi ISv..
I would wait until you can edit your profile, if at this point you cannot post images I would ask for some assistance.
Another reply and you will have your 10 posts so hopefully at that point you will be able to make progress.

Cheers, Graham.

Nat_WA said:
ISv said:
Hi Graham,
Attachment - add picture

Hi ISv,
I'm not sure about the number of posts required; I could post images before reaching my 10th post, and there is no required "Canon" field in the registration ;)
Seems to me there is a different reason why you can't upload images ... :( - however can't think of a good reason / root-cause

Btw., how does a Euro-molecular biologist end up on Hawaii? ;D

Wiebe.

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Hi Wiebe,
"Btw., how does a Euro-molecular biologist end up on Hawaii? " - probably the same way thousands other scientist are working in USA, some temporary, others like me stuck in the country and become citizens.
I know many guys from France, Japan, Germany and England who are working in UH med school, some of them got citizenship as I (and my family) did.
BTW, I was working in seemingly very different field of biology in Europe.
All this does not matter for this forum and I'm not going to to go deeper into it.
Have a nice week!

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Canada Goose in Fall colours :)
26173499209_7945b3c85b_c.jpg

Upvote 0