Where do you get your prints made?

digigal

Traveling the world one step at a time.
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2014
I print at home on an R3000 but when I want to use metal, canvas, acrylic, or special treatment such as padded paper, etc, I use Bay Photo. Great results from them. Fast turnaround and well packaged prints for mailing. I've never had anything go wrong. I have used Costco for some canvas with good results but not for prints.
Catherine

Upvote 0
If you live with a lab within driving distance, the best advice IMO is to use your local lab. You can see all the products in person, you can talk to someone face to face if there is an issue, you can get test prints done easily and review before making a big print. I worked at a small local lab (JonesPhoto.com) for two decades and the regular customers love the service.

If you do not live in a major city with access to a good lab, then there are some biggies that ship nationally (as do small ones like the one I worked for). Bay Photo as mentioned has their act together from what I can tell, Whitehouse Color is another big player and a mid-size player is BWC in Dallas. If you like prints face mount on acrylic, Artisan HD in Scottsdale is outstanding. In Los Angeles, PC Colour is good.

Upvote 0
Another for Mpix, I've started using them for my upgraded prints.. with the extra coating and mounting on a board, the prints really look great. I had tried them during an 8x10 special and was really let down, but gave them another try on a senior, and loved the quality. I think putting on those touches means you get a bit more attention to detail, and it gets done right. I placed an order thursday or friday morning last week, and it is suppose to show up Today! Over a Holiday weekend! Now I do live in the same state, but still, getting within 5 business days is stellar service. Even though I am pretty sure I am decent at color calibration, I let them have the option to color correct and have been very happy.

Upvote 0
Another one for MPix

MPix = When I need something that is simply the best. For framing, wall art, etc

Costco = When I need something to throw around. ie. Printing proofs. Even larger proofs. You cannot beat the price when you factor in shipping cost that MPix has. Same day pick up, assuming you send your work in the morning and pick it up the same day.

Canvas = I use Canvas on demand. The color is excellent. Shipping comes in great packageing. You can always find deals thought, so never pay full price.

These are the ones I use.

Upvote 0

jrista

EOL
Dec 3, 2011
jonrista.com
Personally, I use CGProPrints. I have a few dozen prints from them, mostly large-sized canvas (24x36 and larger), however I also have a variety of smaller Giclee prints and some of their other product options. I find the quality to be quite good, although maybe not the best I've ever seen. The price, however, is right...just keep in mind, they only sell to photographers for the photographers use (i.e. around the home or for a gallery for the purposes of advertising your work) and when you are selling your work.

I live in Colorado, where they are housed, and I usually get my prints within a few days. A smaller inkjet print will usually get here within a day or two, while the large canvas prints require more drying time and have the assembly step, and tend to take a few days or so.

Upvote 0