24-70mm f/4L IS: atomic rebate in Switzerland !

Probably a good price as a stand alone purchase. Am buying one as part of a 7D Mark II pre-order offer, so I am able to buy the lens for $400 CAD ($355 USD). Before you get upset..... don't forget, I'll be paying full price for the camera.
As an early adopter, I'm probably paying $ 200-300, more for the body than someone who's prepared to wait 6 months to a year (or more). Add the early adopter premium to the price I will pay for the lens....and it's probably pretty close to the deal you're offered.
The lens appears to be better than the 24-105 f/4 ,but not as good as the 24-70 f/2.8 II.

Upvote 0
Mt Spokane Photography said:
I've been predicting that we will see the lens for $700 by Christmas. Few want one, and its undoubtedly cheap to make.

I wanted one, but since the good people of this forum insist on the awesomeness of 24-70 f/2.8 II, i find my self unable to resist getting the more expensive one.

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
meywd said:
I've been predicting that we will see the lens for $700 by Christmas. Few want one, and its undoubtedly cheap to make.

I wanted one, but since the good people of this forum insist on the awesomeness of 24-70 f/2.8 II, i find my self unable to resist getting the more expensive one.

Welcome to the corruption of Canon Rumors ;)

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England

It may possibly be relatively cheap to make; it doesn't use a ground glass aspherical element like the 24-70 / 2.8 for one thing, but I don't think it is cheap to assemble. Roger at Lens Rentals stated that it has an unprecedented amount of adjustment on the elements, and I'm guessing that inexperienced / poorly trained assembly in the early days caused some of the bad reviews.

Upvote 0