5D4 Studio ISO comparison shots added at DPR!

StudentOfLight said:
I've attached a screenshot of LR comparison of the D810 (unedited) and 5D-IV (sharpened). Is the the AA filter ruining the 5D-IV image?

I have applied the same sharpening to a D7200 and a 80D base ISO100 images with this same studio scene, and have achieved the same thing as you did with the 5D4; both images look to have the same sharpness as the D810.

Not sure what your point is here, I can replicate the same IQ/sharpness with crop camera's as well.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
jblake said:
StudentOfLight said:
I've attached a screenshot of LR comparison of the D810 (unedited) and 5D-IV (sharpened). Is the the AA filter ruining the 5D-IV image?

I have applied the same sharpening to a D7200 and a 80D base ISO100 images with this same studio scene, and have achieved the same thing as you did with the 5D4; both images look to have the same sharpness as the D810.

Not sure what your point is here, I can replicate the same IQ/sharpness with crop camera's as well.

At low ISO, there's very little practical difference between FF and APS-C for IQ, although FF allows you to achieve shallower DoF if you want it. Likewise, there's little practical between presence vs. absence of an AA filter, because AA-filtered images can have more sharpening applied.

Upvote 0