7D European Deal...

FEBS

Action Photography
CR Pro
HI,

I'm living in Belgium and allways looking for nice prices for new gear. Now the 200-400 1.4x is on my list.

Is this purnimadigital.com a trustfull company? I just did see the 200-400 for less then 9000€, and that's a bargain. Did you ever buy at that shop? Would you recommend that shop to me?

Upvote 0
I will let you know how I get on with this, my first order with them.

Checking out their reviews they get a very high rating, so fingers crossed.

https://www.trustpilot.fr/review/www.purnimadigital.com?utm_source=www.purnimadigital.com&utm_medium=box2&utm_campaign=plugins

FEBS said:
HI,

I'm living in Belgium and allways looking for nice prices for new gear. Now the 200-400 1.4x is on my list.

Is this purnimadigital.com a trustfull company? I just did see the 200-400 for less then 9000€, and that's a bargain. Did you ever buy at that shop? Would you recommend that shop to me?

Upvote 0
Hello!!

I understand the way you feel... I live in Finland and hte prices here are way MUCH more expensive than in the US. You just have to travel there once or twice a year to get rid of your G.A.S. ;D

Althugh that is not always possible...

Regarding to this shop, pleasekeep us inform. I usually ignore these "too good to be true" deals but who knows??

It probably comes from Hong kong? If that is the case, check the warranty and that it has everything as it should, I have a friend that ordered the 70-200 2.8 IS II from some store from there and it came without serial numbers....

Just wait for your order and fingers crossed!! If you have purchased through visa or something like that it should not be a problem at all.

Cheers!!!

Victor

Upvote 0

FEBS

Action Photography
CR Pro
Vikmnilu said:
Hello!!

I understand the way you feel... I live in Finland and hte prices here are way MUCH more expensive than in the US. You just have to travel there once or twice a year to get rid of your G.A.S. ;D

Althugh that is not always possible...

Regarding to this shop, pleasekeep us inform. I usually ignore these "too good to be true" deals but who knows??

It probably comes from Hong kong? If that is the case, check the warranty and that it has everything as it should, I have a friend that ordered the 70-200 2.8 IS II from some store from there and it came without serial numbers....

Just wait for your order and fingers crossed!! If you have purchased through visa or something like that it should not be a problem at all.

Cheers!!!

Victor

I did order in mean time, a 16-35 f4 IS as this lens is not yet available over here. Confirmation received and they say it will be invoiced from Hong Kong, they also say there they have no VAT obligations. I will see when it arrives. For the 200-400 1.4x, I will order that lens not over there as there price is higher then the price excl VAT in Belgium that I can get. Then I will buy it on my company and recuperate the VAT.

I ordered yesterday evening, got a confirmation mail today with remark of the non-recupable VAT, will keep you informed as soon as I have it.

Upvote 0
Philshoz said:
...You guys in the States are very lucky with the prices you have there.
Don´t feel bad, I am from Latin America, here the prices are the double compared to USA. Usually we buy in USA paying expensive shipping and customs taxes and still we spend less money than the prices of the local sellers.

PD: Sorry for my poor english ;)

Upvote 0
It's the same old trick of exporting goods from Hong Kong to EU via UK w/o paying EU VAT and duties bcs merchandise gets cleared in United Kingdom first where custom controls are more lazy. Then, since intra-eu circulation of goods (from UK to whatever european country) is not subject of being controlled, at end of the day, what you get is an item on which due import taxes and custom fees were not paid (custom fraud).

Infact the site says that you are still responsible for your country VAT & custom: Suivant le pays de résidence de l'acheteur, celui-ci devra se mettre en conformité avec la législation concernant les taxes (TVA et douane) auprès de l'administration fiscale/douanière locale compétente

Also the prices on the website are a real ripoff... The 7D body in HK costs around 800 USD at the moment, and yes warranty might be a problem as well

Upvote 0
Still waiting for confirmation of the camera being dispatched, feeling confident though that everything will run smoothly.

The reviews on Trustpilot are very good, 9.5/10 so I went by that. The only downside being slow delivery by DHL.

In the meantime I had a PM from a French guy who bought a 1dx through them, after a few months he had a problem he wasn't happy with, sent it back and it then went on a journey to Asia for its repair, then on its return to him in France the Customs tried to charge him 1000€ but being TVA (tax registered) he didn't have to pay anything I believe. Don't really understand how he got round it be he assures me he did.

Hope I don't encounter a similar problem.

Upvote 0
Philshoz said:
In the meantime I had a PM from a French guy who bought a 1dx through them, after a few months he had a problem he wasn't happy with, sent it back and it then went on a journey to Asia for its repair, then on its return to him in France the Customs tried to charge him 1000€ but being TVA (tax registered) he didn't have to pay anything I believe. Don't really understand how he got round it be he assures me he did.

I didn't had to pay because my VAT number was wrote in the invoice and I'm recorded as international VAT free transaction company but for a non-pro it would be a matter because he should give proof of VAT registration for his goods.

And it happened in Belgium ;)

Upvote 0
Gwathren said:
Philshoz said:

I didn't had to pay because my VAT number was wrote in the invoice and I'm recorded as international VAT free transaction company but for a non-pro it would be a matter because he should give proof of VAT registration for his goods.

And it happened in Belgium ;)

Merci V...

Upvote 0

FEBS

Action Photography
CR Pro
FEBS said:
I did order in mean time, a 16-35 f4 IS as this lens is not yet available over here. Confirmation received and they say it will be invoiced from Hong Kong, they also say there they have no VAT obligations. I will see when it arrives. For the 200-400 1.4x, I will order that lens not over there as there price is higher then the price excl VAT in Belgium that I can get. Then I will buy it on my company and recuperate the VAT.

I ordered yesterday evening, got a confirmation mail today with remark of the non-recupable VAT, will keep you informed as soon as I have it.

Today I got my new 16-35 f4IS. Everything seems fine. So far so good. I will test this lens within 3 weeks.

Delivered for the price as mentioned, no. additional cost.

Upvote 0