840 1DX Coming to B&H!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Miami, but Since I am in NYC I had to stop by B&H. I preordered the 1DX 3 months ago and still haven't gotten it.
I asked the manager about my order and he showed me the computer and I saw for myself, 840 cameras on order and 680 on Back Order... That means more cameras than back orders so I will definitely get one and if you placed a pre order and still gotten yours, you are surely getting one soon!

They didn't even have a sample camera to show. I got lucky and the manager told me to wait and 10 minutes later he came back with a brand new unopened camera and let me open it and play with it for a while. Not even the employees at the store had even seen one. I was the first to play with it. It feels incredible in your hand. The viewfinder is huge and the screen is amazing. I asked the salesman for a 24-70 2.8 and then a 70-200 2.8L II... Wow. The store has very bad light, and at 4000 ISO there is no visible noise. Even at 8000 ISO I was able to go to 1/1000 at F4.0... WOW!

Bad for me, he couldn't sell it to me. He said the camera was Canon's property and it can't be sold. I will have to wait for my order to arrive in the mail :( at least I was able to unbox it myself and use it for a while and I believe it's the best camera ever! I can't wait!!!

Attachments

• 1dx.jpg
    1dx.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 809
B

briansquibb

bdunbar79 said:
Thank you. I've been keeping it a secret this whole time but I pre-ordered one too 8). Obviously if I receive it soon I will be selling some of my cameras. Or maybe I'll just become a camera junkie :p.

Mine is on back order too. I am in no rush - I have an approx date of Sept - which is fine with me. Just got a mint 5D to play with :)

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
devman said:
Did you happen to ask how many per shipment Canon is sending them? If it's a couple hundred per then that's great! If it's only 50 then that'll take awhile.. heheh.

+1. It's irrelevant how many cameras B&H has asked for, what matters is how many Canon actually sends them... Consider - if they have 680 on backorder (presumably after already filling some of those backorders, mine, for example!), they obviously ordered >800 to at the outset, but clearly they haven't gotten anywhere near that amount. It may take weeks for those 800+ 1D X bodies to trickle in... :(

Upvote 0
robin said:
I was told a week ago that they had 740 on backorder! so, when they have 680 now they received 70 to ship. So it can take a long time till they get all for backorder in (in my math it is almost 10 weeks at least till this is filled- AND i am pretty sure that some preorders have been canceled - so it is more likely they only received 50)..... :'(

Exactly. Of course b&h would have more on order than actual Pre-orders; eventually everyone who Pre-ordered one will get one. Question is when. I consider myself somewhat fortunate in that I missed the first allocation by about 5 hrs; I SHOULD fit in in their next shipment...I hope :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.