Not open for further replies.

justsomedude

5Dm4, 5Dm4, 5Dm3, 6Dm1
Feb 20, 2011
Denver, CO
www.akphoto.com
Upvote 0
Bridge said:
This "Video" has nothing to do with humor. It´s filmed violence, nothing more.

I saw it as half sight-gag and half parody. There was nothing truly original about most of it: the scenes were ripped straight from any C-grade testosterone flick, and the characters were all stereotypes. I have no idea if the writers intended this interpretation, but to me it was a statement of how vapid "hero" movies are: once you take away the weapons the plot and characters show themselves to be absurd.

The only original part was the ending, which was kinda cute and funny.

Upvote 0
Guess I have to side with Bridge on this, except on the "not allow" part. For me, the First Amendment is everything and the Second is outmoded.

My take on this video is that it's childish and thoroughly silly -- and when I got to the end I thought, that's a long way to go for a chuckle.

I'm an acknowledged old curmudgeon and rabid anti-gun person so my opinion is predictable. I'll defend to the death the right of silly and childish people to watch such junk, but it doesn't interest me.

Bridge said:
This "Video" has nothing to do with humor. It´s filmed violence, nothing more. I would not allow such a piece of S___, if I were responsible for Canon rumors. What about creativity, what about ideas?

Ralf

Upvote 0
Bridge said:
This "Video" has nothing to do with humor. It´s filmed violence, nothing more. I would not allow such a piece of S___, if I were responsible for Canon rumors. What about creativity, what about ideas?

Ralf

I guess most of us took it as creativity - using cameras in that fashion, the usage of flashes, lenses and especially the CF Card Full error message! I don't believe that it was meant to promote violence of any type, and since most people are Canon or Nikon (not both) it was just something that was meant to entertain folks :)

Upvote 0
distant.star said:
Guess I have to side with Bridge on this, except on the "not allow" part. For me, the First Amendment is everything and the Second is outmoded.

My take on this video is that it's childish and thoroughly silly -- and when I got to the end I thought, that's a long way to go for a chuckle.

I'm an acknowledged old curmudgeon and rabid anti-gun person so my opinion is predictable. I'll defend to the death the right of silly and childish people to watch such junk, but it doesn't interest me.

Bridge said:

Ralf

I would have never in a million years thought people would take issue with such a neat little video.

I think that instead of "silly and childish people" you could have said "adults with different opinions" and it would have been less insulting. But, that is your right, correct? I guess so. Now, I'm going to clean my gun when I get home... and my DSLR.

Upvote 0
R

Ryusui

EYEONE said:
I would have never in a million years thought people would take issue with such a neat little video.
Then you sorely underestimate the human race's ability to be so judgemental and closed-minded.

Regardless, I agree that while Double Exposure was hardly the most impressive thing I've ever watched, it was still quite entertaining. For me, I look at it as "here's a bunch of people who have fun with filmmaking and are just exercising their skills." It wasn't epic, it wasn't controversial...it wasn't anything. It just was.

At least distant.star had the decency to post their opinion without coming off as preachy. That, I respect. I don't agree with distant.star in the slightest (well, except for First Amendment rights), but I'm happy to hear their opinion.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.